Astronautix down forever??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyT0001

Reaction score
I wanted to see some info about the Arcas at https://www.astronautix.com/ but I get the following message:

Due to a persistent denial of service attack, astronautix.com has been taken off line.
Thank you for your support over the last 17 years. I'll have to consider in what altered media, form, or other hosting arrangement the content of this site may reappear in the future.

Per aspera ad astra

Anybody have any additional information about the return of astronautix?

Last edited:
Thank you Luke Strawwalker! I know I've looked to Astronautix for information on Aries (Fat Albert), Iris, and others.

Unfortunately, that archive link is only good until October of 2001. Hard to believe that's 10 years ago, but it means the last ten years of updates aren't present.

I certainly hope he's able to bring the site back up. He seems like an odd target for "random" crackers. Makes me wonder who might *really* be DDOSing him.

You can still get a lot of the later stuff through Wayback Machine. I agree - pretty cool site and I can't imagine why anyone would want to pull a DOS attack on it.

Your welcome...

I didn't know about it til I saw the discussion on nasaspaceflight.com/forums...

I too hope that they'll be coming back... it was a TERRIFIC website!

Jackholes that deliberately screw with other people's websites and make viruses, worms, and trojans should be banned from life... computers have enough trouble without jerks deliberately TRYING to destroy other people's work...

Later! OL JR :)

Guys,

I found this out last night . . .

QUOTE :

Many thanks for the concern and kind words. I've got a new hosting
arrangement and the site should be up again over the weekend, with new
content added over the next few weeks. I also will have a text-only
Kindle version available in the near future.

Regards --

--
Mark Wade
Encyclopedia Astronautica
https://www.astronautix.com/
[email protected]

Back