Glue question.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted

Reaction score
Ok I'm about to start the Nike Ajax!..On the motor mount,One of the black discs that go around the three motor tubes if very loose fitting.It will slide up and down by gravity,the other one is pretty snug.What would be the best glue to use to secure the discs to the motor tubes??.I know wood or white glue is not gap filling right?

What i have to choose from at the moment is Elmers glue all,Titebond original wood glue or super glue.But I'm thinking with that gap between the motor tubes and discs that epoxy may be better even though the manufacturer does not recomend it.

yes, epoxy would be your best bet, Try the thick kind in the 1oz syringes. Its great for making filets and joining loose parts.

do keep in mind that TLP kits are known to be on the brink of stability, if you do use epoxy, use as little as possible, if it were me, I would use titebond. Epoxy could be used, just don't use much.

Braden

You could probably use Elmer's or wood glue if you laminated a layer of paper to the motor tube before mounting the ring.

Ok thanks guys,It's going along well so far.I have the motor mount made,nose cone filled with clay and some body tubes started.Can't wait to start up again tomorrow night!

Back