It's Official!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA

Reaction score
We asked the city for a proclamation declaring Ellis to be called "Rocket Town" on July 28 (Launch Night) in honor of the Big Creek Rocketry's fourth year, the kids for whom it's all about, and those who help make it happen.

When I began this program through my library we had maybe ten kids. This year we have 38 and we had turn some away. There's a new crop each year and it gets bigger and bigger. Each launch night you can see that hungry look in the other kid's eyes and when registration begins for the next class, it's a stampede. It has sort of taken on a life of its own...I love it.

Proc2.jpg

Congrats on your success! Always great to see the groups of kiddos (Boyscouts, schools, etc.) out on launch day. Tons of enthusiasm there.

So my first reaction was "That's Awesome." Unfortunately someone else already said that so after checking thesaurus.com I have deiced that this is awe-inspiring and magnificent.

Okay, so maybe those done sound as good and I should stick with saying that that's pretty awesome.

Back