LONG BURN BAN

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hornet driver

Reaction score
Well I just heard Dallas county just announced a 90 day burn ban:y: But all is not lost--I just Google earthed the property of one of my wifes freinds in Princeton who gave us permission to launch. It looks good from the air. I'll take a drive by later in the next week---Perhaps the Timberwolf will fly soon;)

Heh, maybe I should take up water rockets instead. That is assuming there are not water conservation rules that restrict them since they would water the grass...

Yikes, that pretty much the whole state ! We sure don`t have that problem up here ,just plenty of flooding !

Paul T

Some cities include model rockets in the burn ban and some dont.

If you want to play it safe come to the next Dars launch mid-July in Frisco.

they have all the safety equipment needed for a safe launch and you will meet
a lot of cool people and see a lot of cool rockets. :cool:

If we dont get some rain soon, Oklahoma will end up in the same situation.

Many of the Independence Day fireworks displays have been cancelled in Harris County (Houston) and the surrounding counties. Yet another segment of the economy hurt by the relentless drought conditions. I think that farmers/ranchers are getting hit the hardest, though.

Greg

Well I just heard Dallas county just announced a 90 day burn ban:y:

In Texas, state law allows the county Commissioner's Court to declare a burn ban for a maximum of 90 days at one time. They can, of course, extend it every three months, or they can cancel it if it's not needed anymore.

We've had a pretty good year for sorghum in south Texas. Can't really say how how bad it's been for the rest of the state though.

Unfortunately my yard is very dry. I can hear the grass crackle under my feet.

No fireworks this year.

Well look at the bright side, once Aztlan is achieved the burnings will stop and we will be able to launch freely. Or everything will be turned to scortched earth and then we can launch anytime cause there wont be anything left to burn.

Many of the Independence Day fireworks displays have been cancelled in Harris County (Houston) and the surrounding counties. Yet another segment of the economy hurt by the relentless drought conditions. I think that farmers/ranchers are getting hit the hardest, though.

Greg

Yeah, we are...

Later! OL JR :)

Very bad news fellas , just can`t seem to win these days.here the cattle ranchers can`t feed the herds because the pastures are lakes.My good friend & his father have not gotten to the fields to seed in 2 years due to wet/flooded fields ,although they did seed 60 acres to get crop insurance.

Seems you just can`t win no matter where you live :(

Paul T

Western Oklahoma is suffering from the worst drought period in recorded history including the “Dust Bowl” era. Not to mention 100+ temperatures for most of the past three weeks.

Most counties out here are under burn bans, not that I could launch anything even if they weren’t as the winds have been 20+mph since early May.

Dry, hot, wind blown; It’s getting pretty unpleasant out these ways.

I’m just hoping LDRS and the Pawhuska High Frontiers launches go off without a hitch.

I heard this morning that the Texas cotton crop has been abandoned. Extreme drought for 90-95% of the growing area has left the fields in abysmal shape.

I heard this morning that the Texas cotton crop has been abandoned. Extreme drought for 90-95% of the growing area has left the fields in abysmal shape.

I'm still trying to work out that whole cotton gin thing--I :jaw:like the gin

The dad of a friend of mine from college ran a gin outside Lubbock. I was excited until he told me "not THAT kind of gin..."

Back