Centuri - Long Tom (KC-4 or #5064) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foamy

Reaction score
Long-Tom.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
This is another of the "must haves" from when I was a kid. Sadly, I never did have.

Nice job.

Here's an Estes Long Tom reissue from current kit production, just completed yesterday.

20110805_LongTom_Gallery_r2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Centuri - Long Tom (KC-4 or #5064) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Long Tom (KC-4 or #5064) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Long Tom: KC-4 or #5064
Estes: Long Tom: #3016

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Long Tom (KC-4 or #5064) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Long Tom

KC-4 or #5064

Introduced: 1970
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Sport, 2 Stage
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Tumble/Parachute
Stages: 2
Length: 35.5"
Diameter: 1.34"
Span:
Weight: 2.5 oz

Mfg. Description: The long, sleek lines of this two stage kit are sure to attract more than the usual amount of interest on the launch pad. Centuri's new innovations, Pass-Port Staging and Baffle Ejection help to make the LONG TOM tops in performance. If you want a big, impressive rocket for a low price -- then you've found it. (Centuri 1971 Catalog)

centuri-long%20tom-1971%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1971 Catalog
centuri-long%20tom-1972%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1972 Catalog
centuri-long%20tom-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog

centuri-long%20tom-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Estes Long Tom (#3016) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

Long Tom

Introduced: 2010
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, 2 Stage
Motor Mount: 1x18mm/1x18mm
Recovery: Tumble/Parachute
Stages: 2
Length: 33.25"
Diameter: 1.33"
Span:
Weight: 1.2 oz

Mfg. Description: A sleek 2-stage sport rocket standing over 33 inches tall, the Long Tom is one mighty impressive rocket. This rocket can be flown as a single stage or 2-stage and can reach heights of 1100 amazing feet.

The Long Tom flies on standard engines and a bright 18 inch parachute brings him back to earth. Prepare him for re-launch with a new Estes engine, wadding, an igniter and igniter plug.

A high quality wood nose cone, laser cut wood fins and waterslide decals mimic the original kit. Any changes Estes made only enhanced this classic kit. (Estes 2011 Web Ad)

estes-long%20tom-2010%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2010 Catalog

estes-long%20tom-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here's my Long Tom; the Estes retro kit, also seen elsewhere in this forum.

Douglas

P1040007.jpg

My build and flights:

[YOUTUBE]avNi1f4AceQ[/YOUTUBE]

Paint job was mostly stock.

My replacement for the one the went ballistic...

The paint scheme was inspired by this thread, the only waterslide decal used was the Estes logo

Long Tom 2.jpg

Very nice!

Oddly, the only decal I didn't put on was the Estes logo (well, that and the stripes—I painted them on). Just got some Centuri decals. One of which will go on the Long Tom in the appropriate spot.

I do appreciate Estes re-making this kit for the time they did.

Heres mine - she is based solely on the box art so is finsihed pretty much as Estes show on their artwork and in the instructions.

Long Tom 1120.jpg

First flight with a stock paintjob... weathercocking is a problem with this model
[video=youtube;Ls5EWFnh97w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls5EWFnh97w[/video]

My recently completed Long Tom. Yet to launch, hope to do so before the weather turns frightful... First 'real build' since returning to the hobby (i.e. balsa fins to be sanded, sealed and attached individually, balsa nose cone, etc. Like the rocket kits I recall as a youth)

CANNOT seem to get the hand of exposure compensation on the iPhone camera :confused:

Attachments

• Long Tom.JPG
    Long Tom.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 12
I know this is an old thread but if possible could someone send me the instructions to the Centuri long tom with the parts list?

Back