I've dabbled in MMX a tiny bit, having bought a bunch of Quest silos a while back and though they were a novelty, I hadn't really done much with them. I joined the Yahoo group a few years ago, but got distracted and never really paid a whole lot of attention to it or to MMX in general. Recently, my interest began to pique and I saw that there were actual kits and parts available for these neat little buggers.
So I ordered a bunch of MMX "classic" kits from Leading Edge rocketry. Since I'm by myself today, I chose to spend my Father's Day building their "Explorer" which is an almost-clone of one of my all-time favorite rockets, the Estes Asteroid Explorer. I say an "almost-clone" because they've left off the landing "feet" from the model. Not sure why, but it just doesn't look right to me without them. I decided to take some of the leftover basswood from the excellent laser cut fin sheet and make the missing feet.
Cut them out and drilled them through with a pin vise and glued them on. Not an exact match, since the originals were built up from four pieces each, but close enough for me. I'd imagine the extra drag they will produce will negatively affect the performance, but I don't care if it gets to 100 feet.
All in all, I'm impressed with these kits, although I tried to use CA for the fin/leg assembly and ended up just going back to wood glue. With the small amount necessary for this tiny rocket, there's no real advantage for me as it sets up very fast, yet doesn't bond the parts to my fingers.
I've already got the scalable vector decal in my collection, having redrawn it for my 1x clone, so I'll be painting it to match the original. Here's a pic so far... almost done but the nosecone is still being filled and sanded. Went old school and got my buzz on today with some Sig Sealer....