newbie w/ an unusual use for fruit snacks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XRVDad

Reaction score
Hello got my oldest a pre-assembled rocket and launcher today to let him give it a try. I let him carry the engines and accesories to the car and from the car to the spot in the park to be the launch point. Probably not a good idea for a 7 year old but long story short we lost the engine plugs in route so..... Looking for the plugs I found an old red fruit snack in the back seat of my car which I tore a piece off of and formed into a make shift plug, got to say it worked pretty good.

as they say necessity is the mother of invention.

Long before there were handy color coded plastic plugs, we used a small piece of wadding pushed in with a pencil.

Given a choice between the wadding or a plug, I'd choose a plug every time. The old days are usually not as good as we remember them to be.

Welcome to the forum and the money pit we lovingly call model rocketry.

Bones

Uh oh! Sounds like he's trying to formulate a candy motor to me. That kind of talk ain't allowed around here. :bangpan::point:

Kinda sorta fits in with the lettuce-for-wadding camp;)

A good idea I think. Some of the plugs fit is less than desirable and a conforming plug you don't have to find in tall grass is good.

I just wonder how long, if ever, does a plastic plug take to break down:confused:

Creativity is the best answer with this hobby (and many others). Heck, I've torn the paper from a used igniter and used it as a plug when out at the pad... LOL

Back