Loc Cyclotron build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes....I have 1010 buttons on mine. I added a nylon spacer between button and body tube.

I put rail buttons on my Cyclotron. (The Twilight Zone Cyclotron on the Hobbylinc site)
I put the bottom button centered inside one of the tube fins. For the upper button, I found a piece of card stock equal to the thickness of the tube fin and made a 3/4" square stand off and laminated that to the main body tube inline with the lower button.

Hate to necro this thread, but HobbyLinc has the Cyclotron on sale this week, and it's got me thinking. A question, though- the review on the Hobbylinc website states that he modified the kit to fly with rail buttons instead of the included lug. There's no provision to ask questions on that site, so I'll ask here- has anyone successfully done this? I'm assuming there's sufficient clearance through a tube fin for the rail, since they're 3" diameter (I think?), but I wanted to find out since I haven't got a section of rail at home to test with.
Thanks!

I checked my Cyclotron with a 1010 rail. Looks like it can be done. You may have to put a thin standoff under the button in the tube due to the curvature, and another one for the other button up top due to the difference in depth. Myself, I'm using 1/4" lugs. Let us know how it works out, I may be adding buttons depending on your outcome.

EDIT: If you're thinking about getting a Cyclotron, better sooner than later, cuz it's currently OOP. Also Hobbylinc has the best price that I can find. Dave at LOC, in response to a question I had regarding availability of the Cyclotron and Stovi, said that they had taken those out of production due to low demand. If you snooze, you lose!

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?143742-Mini-EZI-65-Fins&highlight=LOC+stovi

(Scroll down to the last post)

I checked my Cyclotron with a 1010 rail. Looks like it can be done. You may have to put a thin standoff under the button in the tube due to the curvature, and another one for the other button up top due to the difference in depth. Myself, I'm using 1/4" lugs. Let us know how it works out, I may be adding buttons depending on your outcome.

EDIT: If you're thinking about getting a Cyclotron, better sooner than later, cuz it's currently OOP. Also Hobbylinc has the best price that I can find. Dave at LOC, in response to a question I had regarding availability of the Cyclotron and Stovi, said that they had taken those out of production due to low demand. If you snooze, you lose!

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?143742-Mini-EZI-65-Fins&highlight=LOC+stovi

(Scroll down to the last post)

Thank you all for the replies and confirmation of the button question. One more- is it 38mm or 29? The Hobbylinc site says 29, the assembly card from loc's site says "38mm MMT option", and the only Rocksim file I could find says 29. I'd really like this to be a 38, so with 66% of references saying 29, I may not pull the trigger.

Thanks again!

Back