Rocket Case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinesthesia

Reaction score
As always, I tried some searches before I decided to post this but ...

I have a decent case / box for my gear but I can't seem to find anything to put my rockets in. Any suggestions ?

I even went to the nearby Container Store but can't seem to put my hands on anything 3 feet long or so that's reasonable in height and width.

Pleased ont take offense, but who puts rockets in boxes? What size are you talking about? If its Estes rockets, then maybe but not any MPR,HPR im sure. Good luck,I'm sure if there is something out there I am ignorant of,it will be posted here. And as always...Happy Flying!!

For my MPR-HPR I just put them in the back of the car/truck, with some bubble wrap or cloth around them to make sure they don't get scraped or damaged.

Pleased ont take offense, but who puts rockets in boxes? What size are you talking about? If its Estes rockets, then maybe but not any MPR,HPR im sure. Good luck,I'm sure if there is something out there I am ignorant of,it will be posted here. And as always...Happy Flying!!

No offense taken. Yes, I mean Estes LPR and I'm just looking for a safe way to transport them to where I launch. It seemed like a common enough problem, so I assumed others must have overcome it before.

As always, I tried some searches before I decided to post this but ...

I have a decent case / box for my gear but I can't seem to find anything to put my rockets in. Any suggestions ?

I even went to the nearby Container Store but can't seem to put my hands on anything 3 feet long or so that's reasonable in height and width.
Go to a flower shop and see if you can get a box in which long-stemmed flowers are shipped. They are usually plenty long enough, are made from sturdy cardboard, are not very deep, and have lids. The challenge is finding one deep enough to suit your needs.

For small-ish models, go a packaged liquor store and get a divided box for bottles of booze. The bigger bottle sizes come in 4 or 6 per case and the boxes are sturdy. You wind up with a lot more box than rockets, but they are well protected.

Alternatively, the under bed plastic storage containers or plastic Christmas wrap storage containers work OK. If you can hold-off until a week or so after Christmas, they're on SALE - everyone likes sales.

--Lance.

Another option is to get a comic box or two from a local comic ship. They have built-in handles and come with a lid.

I have several of those plastic storage bins with the snap on lids. I bought some styro peanuts from the local UPS Store and filled them about 2/3 full of peanuts. I just nestle the rockets down into the peanuts (this supports the fins - I found that if you have glued on the fins with white or yellow glue, they can sag or deform if let laying on the the fins and the car is hot). This works fine for transporting my LPR sport models and most of my competition models.

Or you could make one of these out of wood and foam board. I made my frame from Aluminum. Works great!photos 294.jpg

photos 295.jpg

photos 296.jpg

For what it's worth, I use a "Stack-On" box to transport both my range goodies and LPR rockets. This enables me to take the whole shooting match on the back of my motorbike. Further, they are economical.

However, I don't think they make one long enough for your purpose.

I've always wanted one of these. A little spendy but useful for many other things besides rockets

Looked into one of those as well. Ended up buying a new Ford Edge and I still could use some more room.

I've purchased large plastic Sterilite boxes from Target.

I typically use large printer or computer boxes for temporary rocket storage.

I've always thought that an old hearse (with powered slab) would be fun...pull up at the store, pop open the back and say oh just plop them in the coffin...:).
rex

not sure if anyone's said it, but when i was at NSL i noticed a lot of really big kitty litter boxes. i found out that the guys will empty the litter, put the rockets in, and fill in the gaps. :)

Back