BaddAzz Rocketry "Defender MkII"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I could be talked into an F240 drag pretty easily. Also, if something happens and you can't stuff the suitcase I'll let you fly mine.

When Baddazz quit producing rockets, I thought I would never get the Baddazz Defender MKII that I have been wanting for so long. However, I found a Defender MKII at Performance Hobbies before Christmas, and it arrived yesterday.
:wave:

The kit is really cool. The precision machined parts are everything that people have said about Eric's work. I am so stoked to get this thing in the air!
:headbang:

My only question is regarding the motor centering ring. All of the instructions that I have found show 3 holes from the front to the back of the centering ring for weaving the kevlar shock cord through to mount it. The centering ring that I received does not have these holes. Was there a redesign later that eliminated this type of shock cord mount? How do I mount the shock cord? Any help would be appreciated.

BADefenderMKII_MotorMount.jpg

Thank you.

Shameless bump. Does anyone have an answer for me?

My only question is regarding the motor centering ring. All of the instructions that I have found show 3 holes from the front to the back of the centering ring for weaving the kevlar shock cord through to mount it. The centering ring that I received does not have these holes. Was there a redesign later that eliminated this type of shock cord mount? How do I mount the shock cord? Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 252927

Thank you.

Mine came that way too. As I understand it, it was a manufacturing error on a few kits. With a very steady hand you can drill three small holes yourself for the shock cord attachment, which is what I did. Eric told me at the time (~2 years ago) he would replace it, but I had already drilled the holes, so there was no need. It is a great flier, but DON'T under power it...E20 = skywriting.

It is a great flier, but DON'T under power it...E20 = skywriting.

I don't know what kind of winds you were flying in, but I flew mine on D15's twice. Nice flights to probably 750 feet.

Mine came that way too. As I understand it, it was a manufacturing error on a few kits. With a very steady hand you can drill three small holes yourself for the shock cord attachment, which is what I did. Eric told me at the time (~2 years ago) he would replace it, but I had already drilled the holes, so there was no need. It is a great flier, but DON'T under power it...E20 = skywriting.
Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the answer, but I did not want to do that if it was creating some kind of problem.

The bad news... no I do not have a steady hand, in fact I have tremors. The good news... I just got a drill press:grin:

Blackjack, Re: BadAzz Defender Mk II
Finally digging through my build pile (which is FAR too large).
What size streamer did you use for this bird? Like you I'm just not interested in popping a chute at high altitudes :cool:
Thanks, Dave Cannell
NAR 90099
TRA 14371

Topflight ST-20 2inch x 20inch.... when I flew it on big motors, I taped7-10ft of hot pink 1inch wide plastic tape to end and rolled it all up.

That pink stuff you buy in 100ft rolls for a buck or 2 at HD-Lowes etc. for marking trees to cut or construction stakes. Sometimes just 10-15 ft of the plastic tape. Roll it around a pencil, by "twisting the pencil", not wrapping it around. Goes very fast, to roll, and easy to see a long section of tape falling. I taped it directly to shock cord.

Back