BaddAzz Rocketry "Defender MkII"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric1

BaddAzz Rocketry
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Introducing The First of My BaddAzz Kits!!!!!!!

The Defender MkII

She's LEAN

She's MEAN

She's 24Millimeters of OFF THE HOOK TERROR!

Be Part of The New Army of Fresh Ideas!

ARE You Ready To Move Forward Against The Old and Tired??

FOLLOW ME!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_1339.jpg
    100_1339.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 506.jpg
    506.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
How about this Ground Azzualt Weapon? Perfect for taking down light armoured insurgents! Hold the Flight Line with your Defender MkII.

100_1337.jpg

100_1334.jpg

Attachments

• 507.jpg
    507.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
What is the diameter?

Last edited:
Looks pretty cool, I will have to save up some dough and give one of your kits a go. Looks like a fun rocket.
Matt

Ok Guys Let build our Nose cone!

Here is the Sub Azzembly:

CNC machined Grey Pvc NC
Short Length Of Kevlar
CNC Bulkhead

Notice the groove on Bulkhead this increases surface area for Epoxy to bond.
It the same type of cut a dentist uses when filling your tooth. Don't sweat it though this is Painless!!!!

509.jpg

Last edited:
Time for some prep!

This inside surface needs a ruff up from some 120 grit sand paper.
Here is before and after. Don't get carried away with it, Just kiss it ruff.

510.jpg

511.jpg

512.jpg

Last edited:
Okay time to get bulkhead ready!

Take short piece of Kevlar and pass it through both holes.
Next, Tie a Figure eight knot in kevlar. Thats's right no eyebolt, It's not needed on rockets this size.
Pull knot tight!

513.jpg

514.jpg

515.jpg

Last edited:
Eric, are you bringing any of the new kits to sell at Orangeburg next weekend?

Ok Guys Let build our Nose cone!

Here is the Sub Azzembly:

CNC machined Grey Pvc NC
Short Length Of Kevlar
CNC Bulkhead

Notice the groove on Bulkhead this increases surface area for Epoxy to bond.
It the same type of cut a dentist uses when filling your tooth. Don't sweat it though this is Painless!!!!

Add a groove or two to the i.d. of the cone too, and even MY crashes couldn't take it apart!

Now secure knot by placing a small drop of medium CA on frayed ends and knot. For good measure I like to give it a squeezze with a pair of pliers. I believe it forces the CA into the kevlar fibers.

516.jpg

517.jpg

518.jpg

Last edited:
Time to Clean up Both Parts with PVC cleaner. This chemical cleans and prepares the Pvc for bonding. As you can see I use it on the Aluminum Bulkhead too. It remove body oils from handling helping to get a good bond.

Note Do not use the brush in the bottle cap, just apply when a small shop cloth. The brush applies Waaaayyyy to much. Besides, You'll need this stuff for your Next BaddAzz Kit!

520.jpg

521.jpg

522.jpg

Last edited:
Last bit! Your almost done with your Nosecone!

This is the ONLY Epoxy to use! This will bond the Pvc to the Aluminum!!

I get mine From Walmart!

523.jpg

Last edited:
Apply Mixed Epoxy to the inside of Nose cone.
You have 7 minutes to Gitr Done.
Also the Ringed section of Bulkhead.
Press the two pcs until the bulkhead shoulder meets the NC.

Make sure you wipe down the Shoulder of the NC now!!!!
If you have Epoxy on the shoulder it won't fit the Body tube!!!

525.jpg

526.jpg

527.jpg

528.jpg

Last edited:
The Nosecone Sub Azzembly should weigh about 30grams.
This one weighed 31.

Best picture I took, Flash kept blinding the LCD. LOL

529.jpg

Last edited:
Eric, are you bringing any of the new kits to sell at Orangeburg next weekend?

I regretfully can not come. Instead, I'm be hosting a Birthday Pool Party for My 10 Year old Daughter ans a Sleep over!!! I'll miss the Launch, but I ain't missing that!!!!!

Add a groove or two to the i.d. of the cone too, and even MY crashes couldn't take it apart!

Funny!! Just the sand paper ruff up does the job. Like I said my Kit are loaded with feature no one else does.

Last edited:
Yep your kids always come first! They grow up way to fast and before you know it they want to do their own thing :(.

I've Asked WIK to Move this Thread to the Most Proper Mid Power!

I'll post more build after thread is moved.

Overall dimensions? Materials for tube/fins? Maybe i missed this info but i'm interested! NICE looking, strong rocket. What all is included in kit? Do the open fins create more drag? (but the trade-off for coolness is warranted!)

Overall dimensions? Materials for tube/fins? Maybe i missed this info but i'm interested! NICE looking, strong rocket. What all is included in kit? Do the open fins create more drag? (but the trade-off for coolness is warranted!)

Well, it is built like it could survive a nuclear bomb.
The NC and BT are Pvc, the CRs are aluminum, and the tail cone is aluminum too.:eek:

You get everything but tools and epoxy/glue!!!
Walmart has gotha covered on that

1.315" od
1.181" Id
20.5" long
Very Thin Pvc for Tube.
Finished weight 6-7oz

Bit of a trade off, Sure there is more drag but less weight and Most Deff BaddAzz!!!!!
I Like the open fin Look!! Check out fins on my L2.

Well, it is built like it could survive a nuclear bomb.
The NC and BT are Pvc, the CRs are aluminum, and the tail cone is aluminum too.:eek:

Thanks for the Good words! She's Very Tough!!

100_1363.jpg

100_1367.jpg

Last edited:
DANG!!!! that L2 rocket looks pretty sexy. How much would one of thoes cost? Hold on i have to get a towel to wipe up this drool....:wink:

The new kits do live up to the name.

DANG!!!! that L2 rocket looks pretty sexy. How much would one of thoes cost? Hold on i have to get a towel to wipe up this drool....:wink:

The new kits do live up to the name.

Thank you so much.

I have not started working up the kits on the "Miss Rhonda" yet.
It gonna happen though. Dedicated to my Wife for putting up with me!
Also in her honor for fighting Brain Cancer like a Navy Seal! She's tougher than anyone I know and I know Some Tough Dudes!

Just a FYI.....

All of his kits come with built in motor retention!

That aluminum tailcone has a screw that when tightened fits right into the slot on your hobby 24mm motor case's rear closure. [Or single use]

I had a blast flying 4 of the proto-types last month. They really get up there quick.

The airframes are machined on a lathe to make them a thin wall PVC tubing and much lighter weight.

Curious to know if the tube will suffer the same fate as PML tubes do in cold weather: shrink!

Mind you, no piston in BA's design, but the NC might be an issue for us that get to 'launch from the center of a lake' in january..

just thinkin'...

If you must go with plastic for the airframe, you might want to try ABS instead of PVC. A cato would cause PVC to shatter into sharp fragments, while ABS would just peel open like a banana. Throw a stick of ABS in the lathe and see how it machines. Don't know how they compare cost-wise.

Nice designs and details!
-Ken

Curious to know if the tube will suffer the same fate as PML tubes do in cold weather: shrink!

Mind you, no piston in BA's design, but the NC might be an issue for us that get to 'launch from the center of a lake' in january..

just thinkin'...

Perhaps a bit of sandpaper would solve that problem, Then when you get to ice out you could appy a wrap of masking tape???

If you must go with plastic for the airframe, you might want to try ABS instead of PVC. A cato would cause PVC to shatter into sharp fragments, while ABS would just peel open like a banana. Throw a stick of ABS in the lathe and see how it machines. Don't know how they compare cost-wise.

Nice designs and details!
-Ken

Thanks but PVC has no issues as airframe. As a motor case not a great idea, I agree. Thanks for the kind words on the design and detail work.

Let's get the center ring ready for this Badd Boyy!

Here's a shot of Tailcone-Retainer and Ctr Ring.
Note the three hole in Ctr Ring. This is where we'll attach the Kevlar!!

530.jpg

531.jpg

Last edited:
Back