Altimeter One Jolly Logic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA

Reaction score
Arrived today! Thank you Apogee, for such fast and great service. Can hardly wait to try it out! Anyone else used one yet?

:cheers:
Steve

Yes. I can't post the link from my phone so you will have search for it here in this forum.

Welcome to the club.

The altimeter 2 was just released. Looks awesome. Also records top speed, duration and a bunch of other good stuff.:cyclops:

Does it have gyroscopes as well as a 3-axis accelerometer? It's a 6-DOF problem, after all.

Does it have gyroscopes as well as a 3-axis accelerometer? It's a 6-DOF problem, after all.

Larry,
Nope, no gyros. Gyros might show up in future products, but full 6-DOF (like what you'd expect in a good control system) would push this into a pricier realm. There are 6-DOF you can get (I'm thinking Sparkfun) and kind of "roll your own," if you've got the dough and are handy with firmware.
This product does the best it can at analyzing major flight events and summarizing them for you using what it's got (baro and linear). For it's size and cost, it's pretty cool (me saying so myself...).
One of the things I didn't expect to like so much was the delay timing. I like knowing immediately after a flight *exactly* when the charge fired after burnout, and what to do differently next time.
And let me say it's enlightening to see hard numbers (to the tenth of a second) for what motors are *actually* doing in terms of burn time...
--John

Back