Aerotech F20-4W Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruben1

Reaction score
I'm new into using 29mm engines and Ive got a couple of F20-4's and they don't want to slide into any 29mm rockets that i have. The label seems to be the problem and I was wondering if sanding down the label would be fine in order for them to fit? Also, there doesn't seem to be any type of ejection charge on the motor, there is just paper closure on the end. Is this because the charge is just on the inside and not visible?

The charge is under the paper.

The EconoJets were famous for the label making the whole thing too thick for standard 29mm MMT. What I did was get some Goo-Gone. Soak the label with Goo-Gone. Then after it's loosened the adhesive, peel the label away... wipe down with more Goo-Gone to get the last of the adhesive off. Take a Sharpie and mark the paper on the end with the delay time (so you don't forget what it was now that there is no label).

Use soon - or keep in sealed baggies. I have $130USD worth of useless EconoJets because the slot has swelled closed and resisted all attempts to reopen. They are 5 or more years old. The answer I got from Aerotech was:
""

Sanding it down a little is fine but dont go overboard. I once sanded down a Quest D5 and the engine had a malfunction (tore a hole in the side of the engine and sent the rocket spinning in the air until the engine burned itself out.)
Also, its ok for the paper cap to be there, the motor still has an ejection charge. Old At single use motors had the paper cap instead of the red rubber one that they do now.

Back