Estes Fatboy. Launch lug question...?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeahImJosh

Reaction score
I have a Estes Fatboy kit and am near finishing it. I purchased the kit unbuilt from a fellow member and it included everything except for the OEM launch lug provided by Estes. Quick question, what size/length launch lug should I put on this rocket? I built it to use the single 18mm engine so I think I need something pretty standard, just not sure what Estes use to include with this rocket. I have the basic Estes launch pad so I want to use a regular size lug, just need to know the length I should use on this. I have a spare lug laying around from a Alpha III E2X kit but it seems a little short for the rocket. Would this one work?

If a lug seems too short to you, you can cut it into 2 equal length pieces and mount them however far apart on the airframe looks good to you. Scientifically I think one near the CG of the rocket and one near the back end would work well.

You do want to make sure that the lug (lugs) is (are) well attached. I had one come off one time and the rocket immediately went horizontal.

Back