AT G71's ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Evil

Reaction score
Just picked up a box -o- 29mm AT reloads and a couple G71's are among them.

I've heard the G-71's have a tendency to CATO.

Is there a trick to putting these motors together so they don't trash your casing/rocket or is it just luck of the draw?

-S.E.

I have not hear that. I have launched a few and do not remember any cats.

I thought the problem was with the delays being shorter than advertised especially the 4 sec delay. I burned a few G71 8s when they were available and never had a problem. I guess I don't understand why there would be a problem with this load and not other similar sized redlines (e.g. the G77 R in the 29/120 RMS).

Last edited:
I think it was something to do with the delay grain burning through too fast causing early ejection, I think. I've flown many without issue, it's one of my fave's.

I have not hear that. I have launched a few and do not remember any cats.

I do not remember an cats either. I think aerotech recently pulled these out of production to redesign them. Great alternative the the g77.

Just picked up a box -o- 29mm AT reloads and a couple G71's are among them.

I've heard the G-71's have a tendency to CATO.

Is there a trick to putting these motors together so they don't trash your casing/rocket or is it just luck of the draw?

-S.E.

Contact Aerotech. Ask them if they are safe to use. If not, ask them what you can do with them (will they replace them?).

If AT says it is justbthe delay, consider using them in saucers.

Yes, it was early delay, I flew 2 at LDRS 27 and both were short on the delay... 2.5-3 seconds..with the medium. My vendor suspected ejp blowby, but then i said,,, wait... the motor only burns 1 second?
My rocket at the time was fine with high velocity deployments.. and only scratched the paint... so now i fly the heck out of g76 and g64..
as far as i know, its only the hobbyline red that has the problem.

Latest posts

Back