Rivets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a few sheets a few days ago that should be here soon. I'll let you know how it works.

Ive never used this before, but it says "Add Rivet Heads and Other Details to Any Surface..." so my guess is that it would work on any type of model.

I've never seen it before, but it looks like a very easy way to add these without going blind or crazy.

Looking forward to the "does it work" report.

Greg

These work really well to add neat detail to smaller models. I have used both the HO scale and the O scale, and prefer the O scale since they are a little bit bigger. They are basically waterslide decals with raised shapes. When you use Micro Set and Micro Sol, the backing disappears and you are left with raised rivets, louvers and screen patterns.

Here are some O Scale rivets on a Semroc Triton....

DSCF3007.JPG

These work really well to add neat detail to smaller models. I have used both the HO scale and the O scale, and prefer the O scale since they are a little bit bigger. They are basically waterslide decals with raised shapes. When you use Micro Set and Micro Sol, the backing disappears and you are left with raised rivets, louvers and screen patterns.

Here are some O Scale rivets on a Semroc Triton....

Wow! That's amazing Jeff.

Thanks for posting that.

Greg

Hmmmmm....very interesting.I`m glad you posted those pictures ,as I had a totally different idea of what they would look like ,and those look great.

I`ll have to look into those.

Thanks for posting the pics Jeff !

Paul T

Back