AT propellant

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What propellant do you like?

• White lightning

• Redline

• Blue Thunder

• Black jack/black max

• Mojave Green

• Warp 9

• Metalstorm

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
What Aerotech propellant is the coolest to watch? Everyone ive talked to has given me a different opinion for different reasons. My personal favorite is Redline just because of the brightness of the flame and the noise. White lightning is pretty high up there too, for the same resons.

I think I like the smokies the best, then white lightning and blue thunder. Heck, I like them all. The only ones I don't have on hand are the Warp9 loads, I have to get some plugged forward closures and some rockets fitted for electronics for those.
Matt

White Lightning. Good total impulse for motor size, moderate burn rate, and versatile - good for other geometries besides BATES. The other propellants have their uses, but for general flying, nothing beats the White Lightning.

Black Jack baby!!

The H73J in a light rocket is awesome!!!!

I voted for Redline. AT definitely has the best reds available. They also have the best whites, and that's why WL is a close second for me. :)

How can anyone narrow it down to just one of them? I know what you mean about visual effects, and believe me, I love them too. (White Lightning is just too cool.) But for me, one of the best visual effects is the rocket's flight. I've had really awesome flights with the end-burning G69N Warp-9 reload, and so that propellant got my vote. (And I love the sound it makes!)

They're all my favorites and with exception of the warp motors I've tried them all.

The green motors seem to catch most folks' eye tho.

How can anyone narrow it down to just one of them? I know what you mean about visual effects, and believe me, I love them too. (White Lightning is just too cool.) But for me, one of the best visual effects is the rocket's flight. I've had really awesome flights with the end-burning G69N Warp-9 reload, and so that propellant got my vote. (And I love the sound it makes!)

This is one of the things I love about this hobby. All the different opinions on what makes a cool flight. For some people (like me), it's all about the propellant. For other people, it's all about the performance and flight profile.

I'm a definite propellant junkie. I'll pick the motor before I pick the rocket. If there's a cool motor I want to fly, and I don't have a rocket that'll work with it, I'll build a new rocket.

Honestly, it's a close tie between Mojave Green and White Lightning for me, and I love redline as well. I think AT has the best green, red, and white available right now, so I fly mostly those propellants. I'll occasionally fly others too, but those are definitely my favorite.

This is one of the things I love about this hobby. All the different opinions on what makes a cool flight. For some people (like me), it's all about the propellant. For other people, it's all about the performance and flight profile.
Exactly. But I want to be clear here that it isn't the typical zippy flights produced by Warp-9 cored-grain reloads that I'm talking about. Rather, it is the more sustained flights of end-burning Warp-9 reloads, such as the G69N, that really win the prize for me.

Jeff you are one sick individual! White Lightening rulz!

Andrew
I am ready for the launch on the third Saturday. Are you?

Jeff you are one sick individual! White Lightening rulz!

Andrew
I am ready for the launch on the third Saturday. Are you?

Not really, I've been in sort of a build funk for the past few weeks. I just can't motivate myself to do any of the building that I know I need to get done. Maybe I'll just put off all of the contest rocs until after the club launch this month and just fly for fun. I think I have plenty of BLACK JACK to burn.:D

Take care buddy

Yep...they are all good.

I've tried Metalstorms on my last three flights and liked them quite a bit, especially the one I did at night.
Brilliant white flame and sparks....

Next best thing to my all time favorite...the old Rocketflite "Silver Streaks".

12packsmall.jpg

I have been too busy getting my igniter making down that I haven't had time to build much. I finished my Mutant Daddy, but it will fly on a White Lightening!

They even made a country song about, Oh, White Lightening!

Andrew

Back