Estes - Screamer (TK-2 or #0802) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This one I did just for me... Back in the very early 70's Estes introduced the 13mm 1-3/4" long shorty motors. Along with them were designed 3 "MINI Brute" Models. the FAMOUS Mosquito, mini-Bertha and this model The Mini-Screamer. Wow did these little models GO on those 13mm bp motors!

I just had to add this Micro Screamer to the collection in minimum diameter T2+ (.281") making the over all length 4-3/16". Turned Basswood for the Nosecone and 1/32" basswood fins even with two color paint and a 1/2" x 9" yellow teflon streamer/wadding this little model still only tips the scales at 2.45grams. With a Liftoff weight of 3.55grams it truely is a SCREAMER! if you build one it's very advisable to have several extra pair of eyes watching as it Teleports to very high altitude in a flash! I Give full credit to the streamer/wadding for bringing this model back again and again. If it were only noseblow it would have been lost on the first flight.
After logging over a dozen flights I've yet to get anything other then smoke or it still sitting on the pad before liftoff. When the motor starts it's just GONE.. to well over 200 feet. This one is really fun to fly!

Post copied with permission

MM 357p01d-sm_MM Screamer (TK-2) T2+_10-23-08.jpg

MM 357Lp01-sm_MM Screamer Wow HIGH 1st Flt_11-16-08.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a one flight wonder. Disappeared on an A10-3T. Bright orange rocket on a perfect carpet of snow. Whodafigured?

Estes Screamer.jpg

Estes Screamer death portrait.jpg

Estes Screamer on Big Foot pad.jpg

Estes Screamer on porch.jpg

I have been too chicken to fly my Screamer on anything larger than a ¼A3-3T. Here's my Screamer, but I still need to scrounge up some decals for it.

100_0323.jpg

Here are close-ups of the TK-1/0801 Mosquito, the TK-2/0802 Screamer and the TK-3/0803 Mini Bertha. These were the three debut kits introduced in the fall of 1971.

Estes%252520Mosquito%252520-1.jpg
Estes%252520Screamer%252520Mini%252520Brute.jpg

Estes%252520Mini%252520Bertha%252520-2.jpg

Copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Estes Mosquito -2.jpg
    Estes Mosquito -2.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 40
  • Estes Screamer Mini Brute-1.jpg
    Estes Screamer Mini Brute-1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Estes Mini Bertha -3.jpg
    Estes Mini Bertha -3.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
I did two screamers for the kids. Given their trouble finding their rockets I went with yellow over red. The Mini-Bertha is a clone also.

daily2.jpg

NARAM 55 E9-4 flight. BT-70 upscale with home made decals. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Welcome to the Estes Screamer (TK-2 or #0802) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Screamer (TK-2 or #0802) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Screamer: TK-2 or #0802
MMWW: (Estes) Screamer (T2+): #357a
MMWW: (Estes) Screamer (T3): #357b

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Screamer (TK-2 or #0802) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Screamer Also known as:

NUMBER: TK-2 or #0802

Introduced: 1971
Final Year: 1982
Designer: Bill Simon

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 7.8"
Diameter: 0.541"
Span:
Weight: 0.225 oz.

Mfg. Description: Spectacular streamer recovery. Balsa and paper construction with simple paint pattern and decals. (Estes 1971 Catalog 2)

Advertising Liveries

estes-screamer%200802-1971%20cat%202.jpg
1971 Catalog 2

Face Card(s)

estes-screamer%200802-face%200.jpg
estes-screamer%200802-face.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-screamer%200802-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
MMWW (Estes) Screamer T2+ (#357a) Basic Information.

MMWW.gif
McCoy's Micro Wonder Works (MMWW)

MODEL NAME: Screamer T2+ Also known as:

NUMBER: #357a

Introduced: 2008
Final Year:
Designer: Bill Simon, John McCoy

Type: Sport, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

mmww-estes%20screamer%20t2.5-plan.jpg
Plan Image

Face Card(s)

mmww-estes%20screamer%20t2.5-face.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
]RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
MMWW (Estes) Screamer T3 (#357b) Basic Information.

MMWW.gif
McCoy's Micro Wonder Works (MMWW)

MODEL NAME: Screamer T3 Also known as:

NUMBER: #357b

Introduced: 2008
Final Year:
Designer: Bill Simon, John McCoy

Type: Sport, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

mmww-estes%20screamer%20t3-plan.jpg
Plan Image

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
This rocket really lives up to it’s name!!! It is very fast and most of the time you just see the trail of smoke. I think that that is much faster than the Swift and is one step up from the Mosquito, but that is just my opinion. Here are my plans to make your own Screamer. Share them with your club and friends.
If you do not want to roll a body tube print out the plans on a sheet of plain paper and cut out just the color part of the body. Then wrap it around a BT-5 and glue it with white glue. Draw a straight line across the body tube in order to line things up. You still want to make the fins out of cardstock. You can also just take my plans and print out one of the fins and use it for your pattern. Add a five inch section of BT-5 and a BT-5 nose cone and you are off and running on making a Screamer.
It flies very well on a quarter or half A. If you want to put a full A in it, go ahead and be my guest but you might want to have another one printed and ready to build because you will probably never see that one again.

IMG_4632.JPG

Attachments

• Screamer.pdf
    388 KB · Views: 14
  • Screamer Instructions.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 11
Finally finished the Estes Screamer.
IMG_4644_Crop.jpgIMG_4645_Crop.jpg
I am working my way through the Mini-Brutes that I have decals for, and this is the last one.

I will be cramming in the longest streamer in hopes of getting it back.

Back