FlisKits - Big Honkin' Rocket (MX015) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean B

Reaction score
I built these Big Honkin' Rockets to hang from a mobile in my son's room. I'm not sure I'll ever get up the nerve to launch one, since a successful recovery would be iffy. That's why the corporate board at Fliskits decided to include 3 in the kit!

I decided to paint and decal these tiny MMX rockets in honor of the Army, Navy, and Air Force. The paints are Valspar and the decals came from a sheet designed for 1/72 scale aircraft I found at the hobby shop.

BHRs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your scheme for finishing them!

Great job!

Oh I am LOVING these little guys here :) You did a GREAT job on the finishing and paint schemes. Very kewl!

This is my Big Honkin Rocket from Fliskits, which of course flies on MMax engines. The little rocket, that is. The big rocket is a goony of the BHR, scaled directly up. So, it's called Tiny.

post coped with permission

Attachments

• IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my Big Honkin Rocket from Fliskits, which of course flies on MMax engines. The little rocket, that is. The big rocket is a goony of the BHR, scaled directly up. So, it's called Tiny.

post coped with permission

A quality play on words to balance the "Big Honkin' Rocket" ! Very good! What are the motors for Tiny and do you have any launch pix?

jflis said:
What are the motors for Tiny and do you have any launch pix?
I hang my head in faux shame. I haven't photographed any of my launches. Yet. I'll correct that once the rains pass. Some say the legend of rains in the Northwest are myths. They're not.

Tiny runs on 18mm engines.

Why launch? -just leave 'em tethered to the mobile. It would be really exciting for a few moments (uh- remove the ejection charge...)

Welcome to the FlisKits Big Honkin' Rocket (MX015) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the FlisKits Big Honkin' Rocket (MX015) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

FlisKits: Big Honkin' Rocket: MX015

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
FlisKits Big Honkin' Rocket (MX015) Basic Information.

fliskits.gif
FlisKits

MODEL NAME: Big Honkin' Rocket Also known as:

NUMBER: MX015

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Jim Flis

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Tumble
Stages: 1
Length: 3.26"
Diameter: 2.281"
Span: 1.34"
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Micro rocketry to the extreme! Feather weight recover!

THREE KITS IN ONE! Get 3 Big Honkin' Rockets in one package! (FlisKits 2010 Catalog)

=====

Sometimes we just like to have (safe) fun at the expense of the Range Safety Officer (RSO) at club launches. Maybe you do too. The Big Honkin' Rocket is just the thing! Imagine the look on his or her face when they announce "On pad #1 we have a Big Honkin' Rocket!" only to have to squint to see that there is really a rocket ON the pad...

The Big Honkin' Rocket kit is actually THREE rockets in one package. The kit comes with enough material to build 3 complete Big Honkin' Rockets! Our main thinking here was that there is a high likelihood that you will loose one of your Big Honkin' Rockets (oh, behind a blade of grass or something) and it would be nice to have a spare. Or two...

Explore the extreme of micro rocketry with the smallest model rocket kit ever to hit the hobby shop shelves! You'll never believe just how high these darned little things can go till you see a Big Honkin' Rocket hit the sky.

Have fun at your next launch and tell all of your friends that you are going to launch your Big Honkin' Rocket and they should come watch! (FlisKits 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

fliskits-big%20honkin%20rocket%20mx015-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog

fliskits-big%20honkin%20rocket%20mx015-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Does anybody have accurate scans? I want to do a lite ply upscale on the laser at work ( with added recovery gear ).

Back