Quest Planet Probe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
Quest released many new kits in 2010.

I was a bit slow to pick them up but I recently placed a good-sized order directly with Quest using the 40% discount coupon included in the NAR Member Guidebook. (Thank you, Quest, for supporting the NAR). The service was prompt and all the items arrived in excellent condition.

One of the kits I ordered was the Planet Probe. It's a pretty straightforward model, basically a flying paper cone. The 'cone' is pre-printed which certainly makes finishing the model much faster. :wink:

While it's not necessary to paint the fiberboard fins, motor mount tube and centering ring, I followed the instuctions and painted these assembled parts glossy black.

The model turned out pretty good, if I do say so. :D

I look forward to flying it.

Quest Planet Probe.jpg

This is another I'd like to get into the gallery if I may.

I was able to get a flight in on my newly built Quest Planet Probe at the SCRA/Los Angeles launch on Saturday, June 25th.

I used a Quest C6-0 motor (German manufacture) and a Q2G2 igniter.

Ignition was quick and the model had a great flight. :)

SCRA 06-25-11-21 Quest Planet Probe awaiting launch.jpg

SCRA 06-25-11-23 Launch of Quest Planet Probe on Quest C6-0 motor (Closeup).jpg

SCRA 06-25-11-24 Quest Planet Probe climbing away from launch pad.jpg

SCRA 06-25-11-25 Quest Planet Probe still climbing.jpg

Nice pics, looked like a good flight. One of those would be perfect for my son's first build and we could launch it from our property. Thanks for sharing.
Matt

Back