LOC - Minie Magg Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Maryland guy (Jim Mitchell) and his dad did a 12" upscale a few years ago and spanked her on a M2400 Baby Blue Thunder load....spectacular watching a big stubby cook like that!

Welcome to the LOC Minie-Magg Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the LOC Minie-Magg and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

LOC: Minie-Magg: PK-68

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
LOC Minie-Magg (PK-68) Basic Information.

loc.gif
LOC/Precision (LOC)

MODEL NAME: Minie-Magg Also known as:

NUMBER: PK-68

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 37"
Diameter: 5.54"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: One of the ISP PERFORMANCE SERIES of kits, which feature factory pre-slotted airframe and through-the-wall fin construction and high power motor capabilities, the MINIE MAGG is the largest kit available that can still fly on a G-80 motor with an optional MMA-2 adapter. The 38mm motor mount is great for Level 1 and some Level 2 motors. It is a very versatile rocket. Parachute Recovery.

All LOC/PRECISION "PK-XX" kits include heavy duty airframe and motor mount tubes, high-grade precision-cut plywood fins, centering rings, rip-stop nylon parachute or streamer, nylon elastic shock cord and mount, launch lug, polypropolene nose cones and instructions. (LOC 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

loc-minie%20mag%20pk68-2010%20cat.jpg
2010 Catalog
loc-minie%20mag%20pk68-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

loc-minie%20mag%20pk68-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

loc-minie%20mag%20pk68-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads
thobin

TRF Applicable Threads
Minie Magg Goes Thud Repair Help Needed
minie magg motor suggestions ?
addimg nose weight to minnie magg ??

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
View attachment 114343

Just wanted to give a shout out to Mark Hayes who made a custom set of decals for me "Der Chief Magg". Great job as always Mark. Definetely a customer for life.

Thanks again

Leon Smith MMC(SW/AW)USN(ret)
TRA 13636
Level 1 Phantom 4000
Level 2 Madcow Frenzy

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• DSC_0008 (800x536).jpg
    DSC_0008 (800x536).jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post a Rocksim with an accurate fin profile?

Thanks!

Last edited:
No pics yet...

Wife saw this one and actually wants to build one herself, time to get her going for an L1!!

Today I finished my Mini Magg Renamed it Wilson
Vinyl by mark Hayes @ stickershock23.com
Thanks Mark your the best.

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 82
Another great Minie Magg drag race at Tripoli Wisconsin today. The good news... my Minie survived a launch on a large vmax! The bad news... no parachute deployment I had to scrape it off the side of the road.

DSC_5053.jpgDSC_5054.jpgDSC_5056.jpgDSC_5066.jpgDSC_5070.jpgDSC_5084 (Large).jpgDSC_5041 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Not the best pic but here is a shot of Minie Magg. Paint is Rustoleum 2x Deep Blue. Decals from none other than Stickershock.

I flew it on a baby J for my L2 Cert a few weeks ago. Thinking about putting cable cutter in her over the summer just for fun.

Minie Magg Pic.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice looking rocket! Love the paint and decals! I used a Minnie Magg for my L1. Worked fine. The only damage was from the wind blowing it off the table and dinging the body tube. I've since put a strip of fiberglass around the forward end of the body tube. I like he idea of a cable cutter. It would be fun to put some bigger motors in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Tony Cooper and I and our daughters flew a Minie Magg Pinata drag race at Snow Ranch on April 12. Each rocket had 2 lbs of candy to spread out at apogee.

My daughter Leah flew hers again for her rocket birthday party at Moffett the following Saturday. Leah's Princess Rocket has a different Disney princess on every fin.

Ari.

tony3.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

Built Mainly stock, but with Av-Bay in the Nose Cone to control a Cable Cutter.

photo 1.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

I wasn't exactly happy with the way the paint on my Magg came out so I tweaked it a bit. I used a palm sander to take the blue off with the intention of re-priming followed by a complete color change. After watching a few too many rat rod shows on TV, I got a little inspired. It took several coats of clear and wet sanding but I think it was worth it. I also removed the Slim Line and replaced it with an Aero Pack so I could fly Loki's. That required removing the motor tube and gluing a new one in.

DSC_0008-L.jpg

DSC_0010-L.jpg

Mag Drag.
[video=youtube;5RVZWAhHrv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RVZWAhHrv0[/video]

So here are pics of mine. I like this gal a lot. Launched her on a CTI I223 Skidmark.

DSC_0315 - Copy.jpgDSC_0031.jpgMinnie Magg up close.jpg

Back