LOC - Minie Magg Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
I can't believe there's not a Minie Magg gallery! At least not that I could find. I've loved the Minie Magg, ever since I saw my first one. I finally got one of my own last year.

Here is my Magg, that I used for my Level 1 cert at TCC's October Skies last (you guessed it!) October. I tried painting the stars at first, but that was a disaster. So I ended up using vinyl star decals. Turned out pretty sharp, if I do say so myself!

C'mon everybody, let's see your Maggs!

star2.jpg

vinyl_stars6.jpg

magg_me1.jpg

vinyl_stars16.jpg

vinyl_stars15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my Level 1 flight. It was on an Aerotech H123 reload.

[YOUTUBE]CbMweNTQQs0[/YOUTUBE]

minie_magg_L1_1.jpg

minie_magg_L1_5.jpg

minie_magg_L1_12_edit.jpg

minie_magg_L1_13_edit.jpg

minie_magg_L1_23.jpg

Here is my Mini Magg. It was one of my first HP rockets. Here is a picture with Mike Gross's Red Bull Mini Magg at a drag race (AT161's). Mike won off the pad.....hmmmm wonder why?? (I learned a little trick that day) this is a graet rocket and I love the decal. Mark from Stickershock did a great job.

bomb 001.jpg

41310 010.jpg

small.jpg

_LLS5424.jpg

Here is my Mini Magg. It was one of my first HP rockets. Here is a picture with Mike Gross's Red Bull Mini Magg at a drag race (AT161's). Mike won off the pad.....hmmmm wonder why?? (I learned a little trick that day) this is a graet rocket and I love the decal. Mark from Stickershock did a great job.

That does look awesome! My son loves Jager, he'd like this. Your little girl is so cute! She can hardly hold the thing!

I'm totally lost. What trick did you learn that day?

I'm totally lost. What trick did you learn that day?

When building an Aerotech motor, if you put a little black powder (from the ejection charge) on the top grain and rub it around the inside core near the delay..........you get the result shown in the picture (Mike did that, I did not)

I hear this is an old "drag race trick"
It seemed to work for Mike that day.

I've got to build one of these! Looks awesome! Maybe fiberglass it and put a 54mm tube in it? :wink:

Braden

I love the Magg! Here is mine on a CTI H143SS Smoky Sam.

[YOUTUBE]uVyT7xzIz98[/YOUTUBE]

Easy build and perfect Level I choice.

I bought the 20" extension and converted it to dual deploy. Flies great on a J350.

Minnie Magg.jpg

I've got to build one of these! Looks awesome! Maybe fiberglass it and put a 54mm tube in it? :wink:

Braden

Like this???

I figured a pink rocket needed a 54mm mount.
I built this one with Blue Tube and G10 fins. (fins cut and beveled by Justin Ferand, Thank you Justin)

I have flown this in the dual deploy mode only but plan to launch it on a K700 Pink CTI motor in October.

I built this one for my sister-in-law who works with post-op breast cancer patients.
She is one of my favorite people in the world and I have a great deal of respect for what she does every day.

Mini Magg pink 003.jpg

Mini Magg pink 004.jpg

Ta Ta's.jpg

I recently edited some photos my son took, and here are a couple of my Magg on a CTI H143 Smoky Sam.

Image00089.jpg

Image00090.jpg

Some great looking Maggs there gents.

I'm just starting on my first Magg.

Rocksim indicates I'm going to need quite a bit of ballast in the nosecone to run some of the longer 38mm motors. But I've also heard Rocksim doesn't always work well with short/fat rockets.

Any tips on nose weight for the Magg?

Thanks

Some great looking Maggs there gents.

I'm just starting on my first Magg.

Rocksim indicates I'm going to need quite a bit of ballast in the nosecone to run some of the longer 38mm motors. But I've also heard Rocksim doesn't always work well with short/fat rockets.

Any tips on nose weight for the Magg?

Thanks

I put about 8-10 oz in the nose and it flies great. I also foamed the nose and noticed no difference in the flight performance. (I foamed it for other reasons)
I have seen people fly them without noseweight and they can be a bit "hairy"

Lot's of Minie Maggs out for Tripoli Wisconsin's annual Minie Magg drag race.
Here's a series of shot's I got from the first heat. Mine is the first red one on the left...

2011-07-23.jpg

Lot's of Minie Maggs out for Tripoli Wisconsin's annual Minie Magg drag race.
Here's a series of shot's I got from the first heat. Mine is the first red one on the left...

Great sequence of photos!

This is my Minie Magg. I successfully flew this for my L1 last year. The plaid is the fabric pattern for the seats in my VW GTI. I recreated the pattern in Adobe Illustrator and had a printing company print it on an adhesive wrap. I put the wrap on before the fins then cut it back so that the fillets would adhere to the BT. Kind of a PITA but it came out pretty cool.
IMG_0003-Edit.jpg

Video of my L1 flight.
Minie Magg on an AT I300T

This is my Minie Magg. I successfully flew this for my L1 last year. The plaid is the fabric pattern for the seats in my VW GTI. I recreated the pattern in Adobe Illustrator and had a printing company print it on an adhesive wrap. I put the wrap on before the fins then cut it back so that the fillets would adhere to the BT. Kind of a PITA but it came out pretty cool.

Now THAT is a unique Magg! I like it!

What an awesome rocket! Looks like it would be a perfect rocket for a L1 Flight:) I was considering the Minie Magg or maybe the LOC Forte for my L1 flight?

Last edited:
What an awesome rocket! Looks like it would be a perfect rocket for a L1 Flight:) I was considering the Minie Magg or maybe the LOC Forte for my L1 flight?

The Mag is also a good candidate for an L2 flight as well.;)

I remember when these used to sell for $68.00. Always thought it'd be a nice rocket to have, but never got around to buying one.

Here's my contribution to the Minie Magg gallery.

Der Red Magg #1

DSCN1314s.jpg

Post copied with permission

Last edited:
Here's my LOC Minnie Magg. Suppose to launch tomorrow but we have a 90% chance of rain predicted for tomorrow so I'll probably have to wait a week.

ForumRunner_20120310_230718.png

Minie-Magg is what I used...

Have to get some pics of her...

(but that Red Magg is friggin' awesome!)

Later!

--Coop

Back