• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Quest Micro Maxx X-15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroFlyer

Reaction score
Looking to complete my Micro Maxx collection, I'm looking for the Plastic RTF X-15. If you have one for sale, let me know. Thanks!

Rare item. I've been looking for one of those for seven years now. Good luck with your search.

I think I may have one of those boogers that I will likely never fly. I have to check the other house, as I am in the process of moving. So, just how badly do you want it...
:p

I will check and post a photo if I have one. It will be in like new condition.

It seems like the X-15 LPBs were only available in launch sets. I had my chance to get some when I started back up in rocketry in 2004, because I saw them listed at a couple of sites. Unfortunately I was very low on money back then, so I hesitated. Within the next six months they disappeared, and I haven't seen them at all since then. Before I saw this thread, I had even begun to wonder if my memory was playing tricks on me. I was starting to question whether they had ever existed because I never saw anyone ever mention them.

Mark II,

I'm in the same boat. I started flying MMX around late 1999/2000 when they first came out, I would pick up sets as I saw them because they were cheap and fun. Around here, I never saw the X-15 or the LJ-II sets for sale locally, so I never had them. By the time I started using the interrnet to buy rocketry items, the I could find the Little Joe II set fairly easily but the X-15 was nowhere to be found.

Mark II,

I'm in the same boat. I started flying MMX around late 1999/2000 when they first came out, I would pick up sets as I saw them because they were cheap and fun. Around here, I never saw the X-15 or the LJ-II sets for sale locally, so I never had them. By the time I started using the interrnet to buy rocketry items, the I could find the Little Joe II set fairly easily but the X-15 was nowhere to be found.

If Harsas comes through, bribe him with NH Maple Syrup.:roll:

Had one but give the set away intending to pick-up another which slipped my mind until it was too late:(
Like mark-II i've been looking for a replacement for a very long time now. Good luck with the hunt.
If your search is unsuccessful and you want a very nice flying micro X-15, look for the Heller 1:130 X-15 plastic model kit. it's like is was MADE to be micro maxx converted:)

X15-a_Heller #80202 (MMX) 130th_2001.jpg

Not much good syrup around here. If you want some cheese or beer, that would be a much better bet!

Thanks for the tip about the Heller X-15, I've been looking for one of those for months too. I just don't seem to have any luck with this X-15 thing.

If anyone has a contact as Quest, I would be curious why there seem to be so few of these around. 10 years after production stopped you can still find the original 10 RTFs pretty easily, and the Little Joe II set as well (I think the LJ and the X-15 were released around the same time). Just seems strange that this is such a unicorn.

Regrets to all that may have gotten excited. Turns out my X-15 is mia. What I was thinking was the X-15 was really my Blackbird.
:eek:

Liar, Liar, pants on fire, can't jump over a telephone wire!:cry:
Still, he need's our comfort, alas poor maple syrup person, We will save you!
Both are Black aircraft, just different in size. I trust you know the difference now?:cool:

Liar, Liar, pants on fire, can't jump over a telephone wire!:cry:
Still, he need's our comfort, alas poor maple syrup person, We will save you!
Both are Black aircraft, just different in size. I trust you know the difference now?:cool:

Well, with all the confusion of moving I just had to rely on my memory, and we all know what that is like.
:rolleyes:

Besides, I HAD an X-15 at one time. You don't know what might have happened to it, do you Dan?
:eek: :p :D

Well, with all the confusion of moving I just had to rely on my memory, and we all know what that is like.
:rolleyes:

Besides, I HAD an X-15 at one time. You don't know what might have happened to it, do you Dan?
:eek: :p :D

You don't remember?

You gave it to me to clone!:confused2::roll::neener:

Want it back?:neener:

Not much good syrup around here. If you want some cheese or beer, that would be a much better bet!

Thanks for the tip about the Heller X-15, I've been looking for one of those for months too. I just don't seem to have any luck with this X-15 thing.

If anyone has a contact as Quest, I would be curious why there seem to be so few of these around. 10 years after production stopped you can still find the original 10 RTFs pretty easily, and the Little Joe II set as well (I think the LJ and the X-15 were released around the same time). Just seems strange that this is such a unicorn.

I recently saw the Heller #30202 1:130 scale kits in a Squadron catalog. I think it was the Feburary issue. Ya might want to take a look on-line?
As I recall the things weren't more the 5 or 6 bucks even with shipping.

Back