• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Built Dynacom Scorpion.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDcluster

Reaction score
FS: Built Dynacom Scorpion.

This for a built Dynacom Scorpion built and flown by Darrel Mobley & feature on ROL

This is a single deploy rocket. The nose cone / payload section has a mounting board for electronics. It has mounting points for an ALTAC and Adept PST 941 timer.
It can be convert to DD with some planning.

DynacomSporpion4inch.JPG

All tubes are G12 filament wound fiberglass.
It has a 75mm motor mount with a 54mm fiberglass / AL adapter.

54mmadapterdynacomsporp.jpg

$325 + S&H
Can be picked up at LDRS 31 in Potter, NY.
Shipping will probably be in excess of $50.00 depending on location.

I can deliver to local launches: METRA, MDRA, CTRA

JD

Last edited:
Wow.

That's like seeing a family heirloom on the Antiques Roadshow....
A classic by someone in the Who's Who....

You wouldn't happen to have or know of a Dynacom Python out there?

Nope, I almost bought one once.
The Dynacom kits are one of the best ever!

Just wish they were a tad lighter.

JD

Wow.

That's like seeing a family heirloom on the Antiques Roadshow....
A classic by someone in the Who's Who....

You wouldn't happen to have or know of a Dynacom Python out there?

I am not familiar with this one, no surprise. I had not heard of this company.

Is there any chance I can talk you into taking a glamour shot for the gallery?

Dynacom ( Dynacom Industries Inc.) was one of, if not the first to offer G12 rocket kits. Far beyond the scope of what others were offering in the early 90's. All kits he did were machined on a CNC mill.

Eric ( can't remember his last name) still runs a CNC machine shop ( I believe). In western PA.

JD

I am not familiar with this one, no surprise. I had not heard of this company.

Is there any chance I can talk you into taking a glamor shot for the gallery?
Only if you buy the rocket:D

JD

Dynacom ( Dynacom Industries Inc.) was one of, if not the first to offer G12 rocket kits. Far beyond the scope of what others were offering in the early 90's. All kits he did were machined on a CNC mill.

Eric ( can't remember his last name) still runs a CNC machine shop ( I believe). In western PA.

JD

Only if you buy the rocket:D

JD
Eric Haberman was the name and the fact that he was a machinist was the reason his kits were so square and straight. He did an Aluminum fin canister for Gary Rosenfield(Aerotech.ISP) and Tripoli Las Vegas that had that old school wooden dowel scrolling finish on it that was too pretty to launch..but they did anyway and lost it during an altitude attempt to beat Frank Kosdons record of 37K at the time.

I lowered the price and can be picked up at LDRS in Potter, NY if you act soon enough.
I will be leaving on Wed July 11, after that, it will have to be shipped.

JD

There's a part of me that's seriously tempted to take this off your hands. Just a matter of whether or not I'll have the free cash at LDRS....

-Kevin

I'll have to take it apart as it is held together with pem nuts and set screws.
It has a G10 plate that tapers down to fit the contour of the NC, a wire that leads to a termiinal strip on the other side of a bulkhead for EC attachment.
I'll post some later tonight, busy right now.

JD

Back