• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Polecat Aerospace 'Fat Man' kit, NIB

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbarrym

Reaction score
This is an original Polecat 10" Fat Man kit, set up for dual deploy, a complete new unopened kit in the original sealed box.

Preglassed body tube, preshaped 3/8" ply fins, 98mm motor tube, glass nosecone. These are excellent kits and a great level 3 qualification project. Description from the old PA website:

Turn some heads at the flying field! This rocket is the perfect size. Easy to transport and store, but capable for L3 action up to a full M.

This kit has a unique dual-deployment system that uses a zipper-less design and a piston-ejection system for the main. No more popping the main at apogee because of too much charge. The main is secured in the upper section of the extended motor tube and ejected firmly with a piston.

The Fat Man 10 has a 98mm motor mount and flys on motors from I through M impulse. The Fat Man is a very easy build and a solid flyer. Able to support L1, 2, and 3 certifications the Fat Man is a super rocket for beginner and expert alike!

Note: Despite what most simulations programs predict, this kit will NOT require any nose weight if build per the instructions, even on an M!

Specifications:

* Height 51"
* Diameter 10"
* Motor mount 98mm
* Dry weight 15.5 pounds
* Motors "I" through "M" impulse
* Parachute 70" to 96" (not provided)

New price was $299, NOW SOLD

Pm or Email me with any questions. I can also make a package deal with a 98mm case/hardware and an M1939 reload for the more adventurously inclined. :p ;)

Last edited:
Will you ship to the UK?
If so what's the shipping costs?
i'm interested.

Will you ship to the UK?
If so what's the shipping costs?
i'm interested.

I'd need your full mailing address to get a quote. Do you have a preferred method? PM or Email it to me so we can keep it private. : )

Thanks -

Barry

It's hard to believe that that thing can fly on an I. But, following the 5(or more):1 rule, couldn't you use a somewhat higher H?

It's hard to believe that that thing can fly on an I. But, following the 5(or more):1 rule, couldn't you use a somewhat higher H?

Frankly I think flying one on an 'I' would be wishful thinking - I guess if you kept it very light, maybe. And know how to get fast deployment!

But I do know they kick butt on the midrange 54mm motors and rock on the biggies. :D

Barry

Barry:
Check PM's

Terry

Frankly I think flying one on an 'I' would be wishful thinking - I guess if you kept it very light, maybe. And know how to get fast deployment!

But I do know they kick butt on the midrange 54mm motors and rock on the biggies. :D

Barry

All PM's and emails replied to.

Braden, make an offer.... : )

Shipping to the East Coast runs about $50 (GPX) to $100 (FedEx). I will split it with anyone who pays asking price.

Unfortunately shipping overseas is way too high - about the price of the kit! :eek: Sorry Gillard.

Barry

Last edited:
All PM's and emails replied to.

Braden, make an offer.... : )

Shipping to the East Coast runs about $50 (GPX) to $100 (FedEx). I will split it with anyone who pays asking price.

Unfortunately shipping overseas is way too high - about the price of the kit! :eek: Sorry Gillard.

Barry

Barry, your asking price is more than a great deal. I would not hesitate to buy it, but I already made a promise to my dad to pay for his L3 motor! Sorry about that. I'm only 15, but if I can scrape up the funds and you still happen to have it I'll definitely take it off your hands. This thing would make a great EX workhorse, and I've been eyeing it for a quite a while.

Braden

Still available, though I have had multiple offers.... Shipping cost is an issue for most people (it's a big box), so I will split shipping cost if purchased at my asking price. That's a significant savings ($30 to $50).

Also, I am not getting PM notices from TRF for some reason, so feel free to Email me directly for a faster reply... barry (dot) mattingly (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks -

Barry

Barry:

Received the package intact and everything was included also in excellent shape!! Thanks!

I built a 7.5 inch version of this rocket to do all 3 levels of certification with TRA. I had no idea how much larger this kit is than that one!!! It makes my other Fatboy look like the Estes version. This is going to be fun to fly.

Terry

post build pics,

i so want one of those 10 inch polecat kits

Barry:

Received the package intact and everything was included also in excellent shape!! Thanks!

I built a 7.5 inch version of this rocket to do all 3 levels of certification with TRA. I had no idea how much larger this kit is than that one!!! It makes my other Fatboy look like the Estes version. This is going to be fun to fly.

Terry

Glad to hear it, Terry - enjoy and have fun with it! They are big fun with the bigger motors - just make sure you have a tracker and a low wind day (they do drift a bit!).

Barry

692.jpg

I will post a build thread of my Nike smoke if you do the same.

A build thread it will be. I will be building this with a good friend of mine, and we have to look over the instructions and decide on motor retention. I know I have a 76-6000 that I used in my 7.5 inch Fatboy that is just screaming to be let loose again!!

Terry

Back