SCALE - (McDonnell Douglas) F-15 Eagle Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred22

Reaction score
Sent up an estes screaming eagle next :)

Post copied to gallery with permission

eagle liftoff.jpg

eagle inflight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the first dual outset motor PMC's I tried was a fairly inexpensive 1/32 Scale F15-E Revell model in 1995. I was able to pick up one for about 28 bucks. A deal by todays 1/32 model standards.

Conversion was really fun; Since I wanted to ducted both D12 motors into a core BT-55 to have plenty of room for a big nylon chute I needed to come up with a manifold arrangement. Sorry the only construction pics I have are Polariod but that was all I had at the time. Keeping the thrustline centered on the direction of travel proved to be a little more tricky then first thought.
After several looping flights I finally figured out I was pressing the D12 motor tubes down a little when installing the upper deck. Made for some very interesting "test flights" lol!

Post copied with permission

F15D-E-c1a Eagle 32nd (Revell #4755 Top)_02-95.JPG

Attachments

• F15-E-b_Eagle-PMC 5pic Construction-32nd_10-21-03.jpg
    F15-E-b_Eagle-PMC 5pic Construction-32nd_10-21-03.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
MM,

Looks great!
Still have the model?

Daniel

Yes! With the exception of the radome which I somehow lost on one of the flights?? Really torqued me because I haven't been able to find a replacement since, so the model is more or less unflyable.

This was I think my second ever 1/32 scale Plastic model. I have a small house so not much room for big things like this;)

Is this kit supposed to be a representation of the F-15 Eagle?

Welcome to the SCALE (McDonnell Douglas) F-15 Eagle Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (McDonnell Douglas) F-15 Eagle and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Screaming Eagle: #2117

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle is a twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter designed by McDonnell Douglas to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. It is considered among the most successful modern fighters, with over 100 aerial combat victories with no losses in dogfights. Following reviews of proposals, the United States Air Force selected McDonnell Douglas' design in 1967 to meet the service's need for a dedicated air superiority fighter. The Eagle first flew in July 1972, and entered service in 1976.

Since the 1970s, the Eagle has been exported to Israel, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and other nations. The F-15 was originally envisioned as a pure air superiority aircraft. Its design included a secondary ground-attack capability that was largely unused. The design proved flexible enough that an all-weather strike derivative, the F-15E Strike Eagle, was later developed, and entered service in 1989. The F-15 Eagle is expected to be in service with the U.S. Air Force past 2025

Last edited:
Estes Screaming Eagle (#2117) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Screaming Eagle Also known as:

NUMBER: #2117

Introduced: 2006
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Semi Scale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 16.75 in. (42.5 cm)
Diameter: 1 in. (25.4 mm)
Span:
Weight: 2.3 oz. (65.2 g)

Mfg. Description: Experience the thrill of flying at Mach 2.5 (2 1/2 times the speed of sound) with the Screaming Eagle! This cool-looking rocket looks great just sitting in the hangar, but screams to be out flying with other eagles. The Eagle is a superbly detailed model with awesome markings that will be the envy of all rocketeers. Decorate it with waterslide decals. (Estes 2006 Catalog)

=====

The ultra cool elegant looking Estes Screaming Eagle looks great sitting in the hanger, but screams to be out soaring with the other eagles! Let this bird out of his cage and experience the thrill of flying with a stealthy hunter! Soars to nearly 600 feet using standard engines.

The Screaming Eagle is a Skill Level 2 rocket kit and requires some building skill to complete. In terms of performance, this rocket literally screams into the air at liftoff using standard engines reaching heights of nearly 600 feet.

Man, this bird can fly! After each flight, it lands softly using a bright 12 inch preassembled parachute, making for an enjoyable afternoon of bird watching. This superbly detailed rocket has awesome markings that will be the envy of all rocketeers!

Great to fly or to display, get your Estes Screaming Eagle today and set your bird free! (Estes 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-screaming%20eagle%202117-2006%20cat.jpg
2006 Catalog

estes-screaming%20eagle%202117-2008%20web.jpg
2008 Web Ad
estes-screaming%20eagle%202117-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-screaming%20eagle%202117-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-screaming%20eagle%202117-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back