Does anyone know where LDRS 31 and 32 will be held?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that just got me really excited! Now the location just needs to be somewhere within reasonable driving distance and I am THERE!

Matt

Potter, New York. Figure on about a seven hour drive from the Boston area.

Al Gloer
Deputy Junior Second Assistant Launch Director for LDRS31
(It's all really Dutch's fault - I'm just the fall guy)

LDRS31
Coming July 12 - 16 2012 [from link]

Cool beans. That is the date? If so I'll just book the same Hotel rooms while I'm at NYpower this weekend.
... that's if I just don't buy a house in that area anyway in the next year or so.

Love that field at Potter,Ny. Just gotta get some dedicated Mud-boots!

Potter, New York. Figure on about a seven hour drive from the Boston area.

Al Gloer
Deputy Junior Second Assistant Launch Director for LDRS31
(It's all really Dutch's fault - I'm just the fall guy)

Awesome! Potter NY 2012 here I come!

(I missed you this past weekend at the picnic...)
Picnic.. life keeps getting in the way.

Free camping at Dave's place!
NO joke.
When we move I hope to get a place big enough for visitors to camp or use a guest house. Rocketeers , racers, fans of the second amendment, will be welcome... possibly even enough acreage to maybe launch at home:wink:

ANYway, I already have some contest/ challenge ideas for 2012.

Also anyone up for a big project build team? only 359 days left.

Awesome! My Mother lives in Syracuse, so I know where I am staying. Have to start planning now. Potter is not very far from Hammondsport, NY, the home of the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum (of the Curtiss P-40 fame). Glenn Curtiss was quite an inventor, and was involved with Bicycles and early Motorcycles as well as Sea Planes. Kind of a hole the wall museum, but one of my all time favourites!

For those of you who don't know where it is, its about halfway between Utica, NY. and Buffalo, NY. About 4-5 hours from NYC.

How is the site for LDRS 31 already known? The Tripoli BOD normally doesn't announce the host site for the next year until the current year LDRS.

Is the New York group just assuming they won the bid?

From what I understand, it was announced early due to LDRS 30 being so late in the year (September).

Back