SCALE - (CIM 10) Bomarc Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lessgravity

Reaction score
Great work! Glad to see someone do a build thread. I didn't take a picture of mine until I was finished.
I really enjoyed this build just like all the other Clone of the Month rockets. So far I haven't missed one yet.
Here is mine:
mini-bomarc.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Well heres the finished product :) Still a few more touches and then swing testing with an engine :)
Cheers
Fred

Post copied to gallery with permission

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

IMG_5483.jpg

I just love the Test round Bomarc! Gotta be the KEWLEST Looking missile ever designed.

Single A10-3T mini Bomarc, Mini Bomarc Gliding with FX smokers in the ramjets or 3 D12 Cluster with FX smokers in the ramjets they are all favorite flyers. I have to replace the motor mount in the 13.25 scale model which will go form 3 D12's to 4 D12's.

077a-sm_Maxi Bomarc 3D 13.25 scale_10-12-90.jpg

077b2d_Bomarc 13,25 3pic Flt_ECRM-18_04-28-91.jpg

077b3e_Bomarc 13.25 4pic Flt_ECRM-22_06-10-95.jpg

John this is an amazing gallery thanks pal:)
Cheers
fred

Here's rebuild I'm just finishing up... The black US version went in ballistic. The white version is the rebuild. Pretty strong rocket lol!

bomarc1.jpg

Attachments

• BomarcDecal.jpg
    BomarcDecal.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 105
Here's rebuild I'm just finishing up... The black US version went in ballistic. The white version is the rebuild. Pretty strong rocket lol!

They both look great:)
Cheers
fred

Here's my Madcow Bomarc. It was a complicated build, but it is a nice flyer on G & H motors.

Bomarc_01.jpg
From start
DSCF0950.jpg
to finish
DSCF0956.jpg
to skidmark flight!

It is a great kit, and I'd recommend it to anyone who might be on the fence.

G.D.

Here's my Madcow Bomarc. It was a complicated build, but it is a nice flyer on G & H motors.

It is a great kit, and I'd recommend it to anyone who might be on the fence.

G.D.

The picture of the kit will scare most people away lol! That's a lot of wood. Nice looking rocket.

Scratch built bomarc built around 1990, paper ramjet cones, flies on C-6-3's, with horizontal recovery, still ready for action.

Frank

scrtch~1.jpg

I agree but you folks need to think about an alternate paint scheme:)

I tried the all white paint scheme. But while I was painting the black on my HoJo I just couldn't help myself lol! It just looked kinda plain all white and silver. Any hey, I'm from Canada... White rockets are hard to find in the snow.

Welcome to the Scale Bomarc (CIM 10) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Bomarc CIM-10 and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Balsa Machining Service (BMS): Mini Bomarc: 0805(TK-5)
Estes: Bomarc: KC-5 or #0654
Estes: Bomarc: #0657
Estes: Mini Bomarc: TK-5 or #0805
Madcow: Bomarc Rocket: K-119

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

The CIM-10 Bomarc was the only surface-to-air missile (SAM) ever deployed by the United States Air Force. All other U.S. land-based SAMs were and are under the control of the United States Army.

The supersonic Bomarc missiles were the first long-range anti-aircraft missiles in the world. They were capable of carrying conventional or nuclear warheads. Their intended role in defense was in an intrusion prevention perimeter. Bomarcs aligned on the eastern and western coasts of North America theoretically would launch and would destroy enemy bombers before the bombers could drop their payloads on industrial regions.

It involved the deployment of tactical stations armed with Bomarc missiles along the east and west coasts of North America and the central areas of the continent. BOMARC and the SAGE guidance system were phased out in the early 1970s since they seemed to be ineffective and costly. Neither of these systems was ever used in combat, so while their combat effectiveness remains untested, they are still perceived as having been an important deterrent.

In addition to the USAF, the Bomarc was also deployed by Canada after the country had canceled its advanced Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow manned interceptor in 1959.

Last edited:
Balsa Machining Service (BMS) Mini Bomarc (0805(TK-5)) Basic Information.

bms.gif
Balsa Machining Service (BMS)

Mini Bomarc

#0805(TK-5)

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Larry Renger

Type: Scale, Clone
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 11.75"
Diameter: 0.736"
Span: 4.5"
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Estes Mini Bomarc (TK-5 or #0805) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

Mini Bomarc

TK-5 or #0805

Introduced: 1972
Final Year: 1980

Type: Scale
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Length: 11.75"
Diameter: 0.736"
Span: 4.5"
Weight: 1 oz

Mfg. Description: Famous flying scale model. Authentic full color decals for Canadian Air Force decor. Die cut and pre-printed fins. (Estes 1972 Catalog)

estes-mini%20bomarc%20(TK5)-%201972%20est%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1972 Catalog
estes-mini%20bomarc%20(TK5)-%201973%20est%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1973 Catalog
estes-mini%20bomarc%20(TK5)-%201977%20est%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1977 Catalog

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Madcow Bomarc Rocket (K-119) Basic Information.

madcowrocketry.gif
Madcow Rocketry

Bomarc Rocket

K-119

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Length: 45.25"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight: 39 oz

Mfg. Description:

madcow-bomarc-2008%20web%20ad.gif
Madcow 2008 Web Ad
madcow-bomarc-2011%20web%20ad.jpg
Madcow 2011 Web Ad

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
Estes Bomarc (KC-5 or #0654) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

Bomarc

KC-5 or #0654

Introduced: 1972
Final Year: 1977

Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: parachute/glide
Length: 23"
Diameter: 1.325"
Span:
Weight: 3.8 oz

Mfg. Description: A beautifully detailed superb scale rendering of the U.S.A.F. surface-to-air interceptor missile. Features molded plastic components and die cut balsa parts. Big authentic decals, vinyl striping and metalized mylar panels. At apogee the engine pod is ejected and comes down by parachute while the model returns as a boost glider...with a gentle flat glide pattern. (Estes 1973 Catalog)

estes-bomarc%200654-1973%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1973 Catalog
estes-bomarc%200654-1975%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1975 Catalog
estes-bomarc%200654-1977%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1977 Catalog

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
Estes Bomarc (0657) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

Bomarc

Introduced: 1978
Final Year: 1980
Designer:

Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Length: 23"
Diameter: 1.325"
Span: 9"
Weight: 3.5 oz

Mfg. Description: A beautifully detailed superb 1/24 scale rendering of the U.S.A.F. surface-to-air interceptor missile. Our replica features authentic four color decals, die cut balsa fins and quick release engine mount. Great performance too with dramatic 18" parachute recovery. (Estes 1978 Catalog)

estes-bomarc%200657-1978%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1978 Catalog
estes-bomarc%200657-1978%20sum%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1978 Summer Catalog

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
I just joined this forum.

While playing truant back in the misty and halcyon days of misspent youth, I did try my hand at model rocketry.

Since then, I've gone on into other activities over the years.

One has been an abiding love, model aircraft, both static plastic and flying models.

And I have an idea for a project, which brings me to you guys and girls.

Many many years ago, LBC(long before computers), I saw a photo of a mockup for a manned BOMARC.

So, I'm trying to chase it down.

Looking through the BOMARC thread, I came upon mention of a version made by Madcow. Is this still available, at a reasonable price? The scale is a bit large for my tastes, but, if that is the only thing currently available, so be it.

For some reason, I've managed to pick up a bunch of Mini-Brute rockets via Ebay over the years. The Mini Bomarc is one of them.

006-6.jpg

005-5.jpg

008-1.jpg

007-4.jpg

I did the honorable thing and flew it, but the modern Estes shotgun ejection charge was too much for it. Both pods blew off on both flights. It's since been retired.

EstesMiniBomarcignition.jpg

EstesMiniBomarcabouttobeblownup.jpg

Its scratch built, I've done 42" long versions that are rc as well that use e6 motors.

Frank

QUOTE=Nick@JET;1464637]Woe that 6', is that a kit or scratch?[/QUOTE]

I'll add my recently completed Madcow BOMARC to the list. Finish is rattle-can paints and custom printed "RCAF Silver Maple & Red Ensign" decals. The flight photos below are using a CTI 3-grain G54 Redline. (Special thanks to Peter Mar and Bill Gee for the outstanding photographic work.)

P1200619.jpg

DSC_1130.jpg

DSC_1132.jpg

Here is a prototype RC version of the bomarc from dynasoar rocketry, 2.6" diameter, 45" long, approx the same size as the madcow kit, but only 16 oz rtf using E-12 Aerotech motors or epoxy plugged estes E-12 motors.

WP_20160109_12_58_32_Pro.jpg

Silverton-18.jpg

Silverton-20.jpg

Silverton-21.jpg

Back