Centuri - Vector V (KB-2 or #5032) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howie

Reaction score
This sequence of the Vector Goon speaks for itself.:y::shock:

Post copied to gallery with permission

vectorgignition.jpg

vectorgoongo.jpg

vectgstuck.jpg

vectorgpop.jpg

vectorgsep.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one rocket you make a search for and may come up with one or two results... not many do have or care about this rocket.

I got this Vector V from Scott, aka rokitflite. Wanted one for a while but never seen one on Ebay and never knew you can make one out of the Estes Viking...

Well, being a Centuri buff, I was really happy to get my hands on an original Vector V... completing my Alpha Centuri Series of rockets: Taurus, Vulcan, and now a Vector V!!! :grin: Thanks Scott!!!

Kept the colors Scott had originally painted it as I liked it better than the few I have seen or the ones suggested in the instruction. Looking that this color scheme was not sugested in the original instructions, I am calling it "The Royal Guards" color scheme. Krylon Original colors: Blue, Red, Satin Black; and Valspar Brushed Nickel. Decals from Excelsior, pre-Sandman, plus some of my own. Two coats of Future and a light buff with 3m polishing compound (do not know the real name...) for a smooooth and shiiineeee finish. Pictures do not do justice to the finish.

One thing I noted at the "business end" of the rocket was that Scott had added some art work at the bottom of the centering ring, plus added three fins to the motor mount. I thought it looked cool and original so I kept it.

Enjoy.

- RR

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it did not come with the central fins so I had to replace. I use one of those wood coffee mixing sticks...

Centuri Vector V.jpg

Welcome to the Centuri - Vector V (KB-2 or #5032) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Vector V (KB-2 or #5032) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Vector V: KB-2 or #5032
Semroc: Vector-V: KV-44

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Vector V (KB-2 or #5032) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Vector-V, Vector V

KB-2 or #5032

Introduced: 1972
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.5"
Diameter: 1.34"
Span:
Weight: 0.9 oz

Mfg. Description: Over 12 ways to go! Here's one you customize to one of over a dozen configuration. And it goes together fast too, with pre-cut fibre fins, plastic nose cone, a large decal sheet of exotic markings & super detailing and finishing ideas. Recover by parachute for a fast turnaround with Centuri's Quick Change Engine Lock. Get started in the Design-Your-Own game today with Vector-V. (Centuri 1975 Catalog)

centuri-vector%20v-1972%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1972 Catalog
centuri-vector%20v-1975%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1975 Catalog
centuri-vector%20v-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog

centuri-vector%20v-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1980 Catalog

centuri-vector%20v-facecard.jpg

centuri-vector%20v-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Semroc Vector-V (KV-44) Basic Information.

semroc.gif
Semroc Astronautics

Vector-V

KV-44

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.6" (32.0 cm)
Diameter: 1.34" (3.4 cm)
Span: 3.3" (8.4 cm)
Weight: 0.9 oz (25.5 g)

Mfg. Description: 1972 Retro Repro (Semroc 2011 Web Ad)

semroc-vector%20v-2011%20web%20livery.jpg
Semroc 2011 Web Ad

semroc-vector%20v-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Mega Goon Vector G, an upscale of the previously posted Vector G. After I finished, I was concerned that the stubby fin profile I'd chosen would be too stubby to allow for a stable flight, so I added a little noseweight.:wink:

MaxiVectorGonpad_zps486cc725.jpg

MaxiVectorGliftoff_zpse9851463.jpg

Post copied within Gallery

Back