a very greasy question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that high temperature grease such as Dow 111 is used in the assembly of hybrid motors. It has something to do with the very oxygen-rich environment inside the motor, I think. I have never heard of it being used in solid propellant motors.

I believe that high temperature grease such as Dow 111 is used in the assembly of hybrid motors. It has something to do with the very oxygen-rich environment inside the motor, I think. I have never heard of it being used in solid propellant motors.

For hybrids, I know that special grease has to be used because (as you said) of the oxygen rich environment. I haven't heard of Dow 111 being used for this kind of thing though - usually I've heard of Krytox. I'll admit that I haven't done a whole lot with hybrids though, so I'm not sure exactly which greases are OK and which are not.

For hybrids, I know that special grease has to be used because (as you said) of the oxygen rich environment. I haven't heard of Dow 111 being used for this kind of thing though - usually I've heard of Krytox. I'll admit that I haven't done a whole lot with hybrids though, so I'm not sure exactly which greases are OK and which are not.
Oh, you're right -- it was Krytox that I was thinking of. My bad.

Super lube? I have a tub of it...well 11oz of it. The biggest size you can buy...anyone interested? PM me

Back