Aerotech 29/40-120

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I just bought one from them a couple weeks ago... their normal price is only $35.99, so I don't have to kick myself too hard.

Now's the time to get one! There are so many loads that fit it... a vey good investment.

Last edited:
And I just bought one from them a couple weeks ago... they're normal price is only $35.99, so I don't have to kick myself too hard.

Now's the time to get one! There are so many loads that fit it... a vey good investment.

This I must agree with. If I didn't have two already I'd be jumping on it:)

I have an E load that's just waiting for me to finish the rocket. I going out to primer it today. Today is by far the nicest day of the year yet, and yet it snowed in the East today, no April Fool's:wink:

Along with the case, I bought 1 of every load they had for it, and 2 of the G76s. Very low prices at Hobbylinc, and if something is listed as out of stock, it generally shows up within a week or two.

Last edited:
Along with the case, I bought 1 of every load they had for it, and 2 of the G76s. Very low prices at Hobbylinc, and if somethig is listed at out of stock, it generally shows up within a week or two.
I'm partial to the G64 reloads for the 29mm Hobby Line motor. The combination of Newton-seconds and burn time give the highest apogee on my birds. The G76 produces more g's on liftoff but less height.

OTOH, the green flame is impressive and I must confess that I have a G76 in one my 29's ready to go for tomorrow's launch. I usually load up my motors the night before the launch to maximize my flying time on the range. I even bought a second 29/40-120 for that purpose and have been toying with the idea of buying a third while HobbyLinc has them in stock. :y:

Well if hobbylinc runs out they are only $2 more at red arrow. BTW red arrow has the 24/40 for only $20.99, that is less than the hobbylinc price.

Well if hobbylinc runs out they are only $2 more at red arrow. BTW red arrow has the 24/40 for only $20.99, that is less than the hobbylinc price.

I Placed an order at Red Arrow on 3/13/2011 which included one of the 29/40-120's and one 24/40. I agree $20.99 for the 24/40 seems like a great deal... :D

When I called last week to inquire on the status of my order, I was told both cases are back ordered. :confused:

I Placed an order at Red Arrow on 3/13/2011 which included one of the 29/40-120's and one 24/40. I agree $20.99 for the 24/40 seems like a great deal... :D

When I called last week to inquire on the status of my order, I was told both cases are back ordered. :confused:

OUCH!!! Well I guess at those prices they already sold out. Thanks for the info.

It's interesting to note that red arrow sells the three engine hobby motor set for $119.95 but if you buy them seperately it's only $92.89:confused2:

I have had a pretty good record with my purchases through Hobby Linc. Normally I'd buy from my LHS but the difference between their $56 and Hobby Linc's $35 is basically two more $9.28 reloads.

I also like the communication flow from Hobby Linc. It's not quite up to the level of Semroc but it's close enough.

We all buy from vendors who's method of doing business makes us comfortable. Your mileage/experience with vendors may vary but my short of list of vendors is:

Semroc, LOC/Precision, Hobby Linc, Wildman, and Performance Hobbies.

I've also good experiences with Madcow, K&S, AeroPack, Rockitflite, Estes, and Excelsior.

Just looking at the list of vendors I've put forth and mentally tallying up the various purchases leads me to the inescapable conclusion...

MONEY GOING UP IN SMOKE!!

I have had a pretty good record with my purchases through Hobby Linc. Normally I'd buy from my LHS but the difference between their $56 and Hobby Linc's $35 is basically two more $9.28 reloads.

I also like the communication flow from Hobby Linc. It's not quite up to the level of Semroc but it's close enough.

We all buy from vendors who's method of doing business makes us comfortable. Your mileage/experience with vendors may vary but my short of list of vendors is:

I've also good experiences with Madcow, K&S, AeroPack, Rockitflite, Estes, and Excelsior.

Just looking at the list of vendors I've put forth and mentally tallying up the various purchases leads me to the inescapable conclusion...

But the smoke comes in cool colors...WORTH IT!

I really like using Hobbylinc, They send me the rocket sales of the week e-mails, their prices are the lowest, but best of all, everything i've ever ordered was at my doorstep in less than 3 days with no extra or special postal fees, just basic U.S. mail. this week I ordered motors Mon night, were delivered Thurs. Awsome service....

I've had nothing but good experiences with Hobbylinc. I've made a half dozen or so orders with them and they get the stuff out quick. At their prices and low shipping it is easy to go overboard when ordering so I can relate to the up in smoke feeling.

Well, I kicked my self real good when I found out about RAH's prices on the 29/40-120. I didn't know my way around when I got mine, so I got it from Apogee for $85. $50 in engines I wasted! How dare Apogee sell things so high and let people buy from them so much! :D

This I must agree with. If I didn't have two already I'd be jumping on it:)

I have an E load that's just waiting for me to finish the rocket. I going out to primer it today. Today is by far the nicest day of the year yet, and yet it snowed in the East today, no April Fool's:wink:

Oh it was GREAT today. Launch tomorrow is cancelled due to 90% chance of rain. Of course!

Braden

I'm partial to the G64 reloads for the 29mm Hobby Line motor. The combination of Newton-seconds and burn time give the highest apogee on my birds. The G76 produces more g's on liftoff but less height.

You should try the G138 :D

Well, I kicked my self real good when I found out about RAH's prices on the 29/40-120. I didn't know my way around when I got mine, so I got it from Apogee for $85. $50 in engines I wasted! How dare Apogee sell things so high and let people buy from them so much! :D

I feel obligated to buy from them once in a while because they provide so much useful information. Usually, my purchases are saved for stuff that may not be available anywhere else. Those bonus points are nice too. I got my Space Ark Jr for free. :)

I feel obligated to buy from them once in a while because they provide so much useful information. Usually, my purchases are saved for stuff that may not be available anywhere else. Those bonus points are nice too. I got my Space Ark Jr for free. :)

I feel the same way, having started with some of their smaller kits like the Aspire. But $50? That's a lot of faithful! I do use their site for info. still, Tim is a wealth of information on the kits and gear that he carries. He often has stuff that you can't find on other sites.

Red Arrow's prices change frequently. I picked up 3 29/40-120's for $28 each in December while the 24/40 was $35. As posted previously, now the 24/40 is cheap and the 29/40-120 is higher. Check every week or so and wait for the good price :) Low prices may be on the Rouse or Aerotech but not usually both so check both.

Back