Modern High-Power2 great resource

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyspike1

Reaction score
As a B.A.R. "new" to HPR (recently cert L1), I just purchased the book "Modern High-Power Rocketry2" by Mark Canepa. A great resource of info on the subject of not only HPR, but rocketry in general for serious craftsmen. Especially the sections on motors, (composite and BP) Ideas proven to work well saves a ton of trial and error and puts you years ahead in your craft. The resources in this book are invaluable, well worth the $32 from Amazon. Just thought I would share with you........Thanks!

Agreed - this book along with "The Handbook of Model Rocketry" are Must Have Items :D

Sometimes a Used copy can be found at www.alibris.com or www.bookfinder.com at a lower than "full" price.

Last edited:
Books ae great, but I think I will always buy kindle versions now. i is easier to carry on vacation and into combat.

I have been back in to rocketry for about 8 years now. I keep a copy of MHPR2 and G.Harry Stine's Handbook of Model Rocketry in the rocket shop for reference.

I have the Handbook of Model Rocketry on my Kindle; sounds like i need to get MHPR2 downloaded too!

Both execellant resources for every level of flyer.

Although theres alot of new E-books ect. out now, I prefer a good old fashioned hard book. A shelf of reference books above the workstation makes it easier to "remember" what I want to look up, and allows for multiple ideas from pages of other references at the same time...old school "multi-tasking". and i can highlight areas of importance and copy pictures to clip above projects for instant views. And they never break,run out of power,or need to be uploaded..

This was a great book! I think the kindle version is fine. I keep all the books i like on my ipad - benefit? It is instantly accessible and searchable.

SSD

Great book, packed with loads of useful information. Even though I loved the iPad-1 for the brief time I had one, I like to take my texts the old-fashioned way. The page resolution is fantastic, the overall metaphor is ultra-realistic, outrageous battery life, always have the latest upgrade, very readable outdoors, even at the beach, flawless bookmarking, no conflicts over who gets to use the device next, less likely to get stolen, superior durability, etc. If I were to lose it or it did actually get stolen, I wouldn't lose my entire library, just that one title.

Got this book off the wife for christmas, great book, read many times.
prefer paper to electrons.

Got mine from amazon yesterday. Sitting here at the in-laws for the weekend and it is here on the couch next to me. Going to read the whole thing in the next 2 days!

Back