LOC - LOC-IV (PK-48) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of mine from my Level one Cert. Flight this April.SAM_1334.jpgSAM_1357.jpgSAM_1288.jpg

Nice Cody! Well done.
Love the look on the boy's face too! He looks proud to be helping you with the rocket. And can hardly
wait till he can build and fly on too.

JP

Nice Cody! Well done.
Love the look on the boy's face too! He looks proud to be helping you with the rocket. And can hardly
wait till he can build and fly on too.

JP
Thanks! That's my brother for you! He loves rockets and building the LPR models. He actually came up with this paint job.

OK, here's mine, named Mister Blue Sky, used it for my L1 cert flight in Feb. '13. Since converted it to dual deploy, got some damage on the last flight, needs a little work now.

IMG_0583.JPG

Thanks! That's my brother for you! He loves rockets and building the LPR models. He actually came up with this paint job.

Congrats on the flight! You both look happy and proud about it, and that's what it's all about.

The fin can from my LOC IV in post #4 of this thread was totally destroyed in a CATO. I built a new fin can with a slightly different baffle, standoffs for the rail buttons, a PML HAMR, and since the original LOC IV had the big fin tabs that hung below the body and tended to break, I replaced them with fins from a LOC Fantom. Plus it got a new color scheme....

LOCIV0006 - Copy.jpg

I built one recently for my Certify Level 1 video.

Attached is my LOC IV which I used for my L1 flight. My 11 year old daughter really liked neond7's Duracell Big Nuke (build thread on the forum), so we went with that color scheme.

John - I chose the LOC IV because your Certify Level 1 video (along with Electronic Recovery and Sewing a Bridle). I really appreciated having access to those great resources during my first foray into HPR!

The Copper Top Rocket.jpg

Flying mine just for fun..no cert.:cool:

Attachments

• 20170201_125402-1.jpg
    20170201_125402-1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 133
It's surprising to me that this workhorse did not yet have it's own gallery. I'll start this one off. This Loc IV is the most recent build from the "It came to me in a dream" series. I threw it together one day to pass some time with no real goal in mind. That night, while fast asleep, it came to me. It was built stock, with the exception of shock cord/shock cord mount. I know I've seen a few build threads for the IV on TRF, let's see 'em!

If I might, what is the reflective material?

The LOC IV still flying , Oct 2023

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_214336.jpg
    IMG_20231020_214336.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231021-162353.jpg
    Screenshot_20231021-162353.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231021_101009.jpg
    IMG_20231021_101009.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back