Centuri Mach 10 question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim fustini

Reaction score
Does anybody know how long the airframe on the Mach 10 is?
I am building one from scratch using plans from both Jim Z and the olde rocketry sites. A review on EMRR states "8 another site "8 1/2. The header card reads: Length "12. ( I assume this is the over all length.) The instructions do not list any specs. on the contents page from the original kit.

I am building one from scratch using plans from both Jim Z and the olde rocketry sites. A review on EMRR states "8 another site "8 1/2. The header card reads: Length "12. ( I assume this is the over all length.) The instructions do not list any specs. on the contents page from the original kit.

The main body tube on mine is 8.5 inches long.

Jonathan
-----
Jonathan Sivier
jsivier AT illinois DOT edu
NAR #56437 | Tripoli #1906
Home Page: https://www.sivier.me/

The illustrated parts break down page for the Mach 10 instructions/plans at Jim Z's clearly shows the body tube is a ST-16, 8 inches long.

wedgie 086.jpg

wedgie 087.jpg

Last edited:
I got the plans down loaded. Ill build one some day.I asked the same "Q" when going over them. Thanks for bringing it up. Now I know. Are you going with the BLUE? Im building the Pheonix from Jimz site rite now. Good luck and as allways ...PICTURES PLEASE

I am going with the blue paint. I have the water slide decals. I will post pics this week. Thanks.

The illustrated parts break down page for the Mach 10 instructions/plans at Jim Z's clearly shows the body tube is a ST-16, 8 inches long.

Obviously it was not clear or there would not have been a question.
Cheers
fred

Still stalking my posts Bradycros? After all this time you still hold a grudge. OK let me give you what you want. ATTENTION: EVERYONE HERE ON TRF . BRADYCROS IS SMARTER THAN ME. AND I AM A DUMMY THAT KNOWS NOTHING SO DON'T TAKE MY ADVICE. OR RESPOND TO MY POSTS. Bradycros will pick through my post and look for the smallest fault and make sure everyone here knows it . So I will just agree with him. I am stupid. He is the smartest person on this forum. NOW IS THAT BETTER. You CLEARLY have a problem. Grow up . Fault finding shows this.

It seems you're ticked. Thats fine but I suggest using the report a post function or a PM to a mod. I would suggest also this responce is a bigger spoiler for your thread then the one that irritated you. Folks we need to get our focus on the subject :)
Cheers
fred

Jim, mine built from an original kit in the early 80s, has a tube length of 8.5 inches. The Mach 10 is one of my favorites! :D

It seems you're ticked. Thats fine but I suggest using the report a post function or a PM to a mod. I would suggest also this responce is a bigger spoiler for your thread then the one that irritated you. Folks we need to get our focus on the subject :)
Cheers
fred
I settled this with the the moderators over a year ago. And I had Bradycros on my blocked list ( the only person). But he still reads my posts and make comments on them. I don't read or reply to any of his posts. The mods should have a talk with him.

That's the fun of Centuri. Sometimes you got an 8 inch tube, sometimes you got an 8.5 inch tube.

kj

Finished my Mach 10 clone. Now I just have to adjust the trim and ballast (clay) the nosecone is red (still drying) mach 10 007.jpgmach 10 008.jpg

Very nice finish!

Is this an upscale or an original-sized Mach 10? What motors do you intend to use?

Greg

Yah, a shorter delay might give you a better glide.

Obvious, but trim it for a glide with a spent engine. Pack as much clay into the nosecone as you can.

Follow the launch direction to the letter! Angle the rod, the small elevator produces lift, it WILL arc upward on boost.

I've built 2 of these and flown them many times. Properly trimmed and launched they put in a great flight!

Yah, a shorter delay might give you a better glide.

Obvious, but trim it for a glide with a spent engine. Pack as much clay into the nosecone as you can.

Follow the launch direction to the letter! Angle the rod, the small elevator produces lift, it WILL arc upward on boost.

I've built 2 of these and flown them many times. Properly trimmed and launched they put in a great flight!
I will have to buy some B6-2s And yes I printed out the full instructions from the olde rocketry site, I read about the spent motor and trimming. I just have to wait for it to warm up here in Michigan It is the end of March and the high temps are only 38!

Oh yah, I forgot- Nice build! looks great. Both of mine were/are silver.

Did you seal the wings? It fly better with rough wings.

If you like this kit, try the Flying Jenny!

Thanks, no I did not seal the wings, just sprayed the rocket with Rust-oleum "painter touch" rattlecan. I did'nt even primer it. it .

Whats a Flying Jenny?

Please help me understand why the stab has such a negative angle. I have read that the Mach 10 has a tendency to loop; is this due to the stab or too much thrust? Does ejecting the nose cone have an aerodynamic logic or was just a gimmick?

Thanks fir any insights,

Hadrian

Ejecting the nose shifts the CG.
The weight forward on boost makes ROCKET stable
the weight Jettisoned makes the GLIDER fly-able

Back