PemTech - Screamin' Green Meanie Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Howie

Reaction score
Another one of Laynes' rockets that I like, but is too large for me is the ,
"Screamin Green Meanie". So mine is a quasi-downscale to BT60. The root
of the fins are shorter, and the rings are BT70, not BT60, for a true downscale.
I had some blue paint on hand, so it became the Blue Meanie! ;)

Just like the original, a great performer on an D12-5. No damage on an
12 inch chute.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Blue_meanie_pad (Large).jpg

Blue_meanie_detail (Large).jpg

Blue_meanie_launch (Large).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A kit for my daughter, so of course it became hot pink.....Picture 071   trf.jpg

Welcome to the PemTech Screamin' Green Meanie Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the PemTech and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

PemTech: Screamin' Green Meanie:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
PemTech Screamin' Green Meanie Basic Information.

pemberton.gif
Pemberton Technologies (PemTech)

MODEL NAME: Screamin' Green Meanie Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Layne Pemberton

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 18"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span: 7.8"
Weight:

Mfg. Description: The Screamin' Green Meenie is our first Level 1 (easiest to assemble) flying rocket kit. She sports our unique tube/flat fin combination that gives great stability and flashy looks. The SGM is easy to assemble and is perfect for the experienced rocketeer as well as beginners. Purchase a Screamin' Green Meenie and impress the girls, strike awe into the hearts of your rocket geek peers and be the envy of unfriendly nations worldwide!

Kit come complete with plastic nose cone, laser cut balsa fins and heavy-duty centering rings, precut tube fins, 2.6"airframe, 18" parachute, 60" KEVLAR shock cord, 24mm motor mount, 1/4" launch lug and our infamous Destruction Manual. (PemTech 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

pemtech-screamin%20green%20meanie-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

pemtech-screamin%20green%20meanie-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I had the honour of beta building this kit. Originally, Layne sent me a balsa NC, and the builder had to cut the ring fins from the airframe tube. As Layne wanted to offer a skill 1 kit, the production kits came with precut ring fins, and a plastic NC to avoid the builder needing to drill'n'fill noseweight into the balsa NC.

This rocket is such a great flyer, and you can use a D12-3 in a park and be confident of an easy recovery. One of my all time favourites. A modern day classic.

Last edited:
I chose a Screamin' Green Meenie kit for my first rocket build in almost 50 years. As a kid I built several Estes models, that was all we knew about. Re-discovered the hobby and wow, it is different now. Bought the kit from Apogee, notice they spell "Meenie" with a double "e".

Had some fun with a custom paint job. I'm calling this one my "Nuclear Scream" with apologies to Edvard Munch for misusing his iconic image. Hopefully I did well enough on the build that it will hold together. First flight will be the October launch with the Austin Area Rocketry Group https://aarg.org

NuclearScreamFinalPaintWebsized.jpg

Back