FANTASY SCALE - (Buck Rogers) Draconian Marauder Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemiLess

Reaction score
My Centuri Draconian Marauder!

Draconian Maurader-forum.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the FANTASY SCALE Buck Roger Draconian Marauder Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Draconian Maraude,r from the Buck Roger TV show, and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Draconian Marauder: #5336

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Draconian Marauder (#5336) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Draconian Marauder

Introduced: 1979
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

centuri-draconian%20marauder-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
1979 Centuri Catalog
centuri-draconian%20marauder-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
1980 Centuri Catalog

centuri-draconian%20marauder-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Last year I came across the Draconian Marauder on Ebay for a good price (I think it cost me about $40 with postage).

It's an old kit and I was lothed to open it - I figured it might be nice to keep it mint! So I googled around and found scans of all the parts as well as the instructions.
I drafted all the parts in CorelDRAW and laser cut them from stiff card (about the closes match I could find to what I could see through the bag)

With all the pieces cut, I started construction.

Once complete, time for paint :)

With the paint dry, there was nothing left to do other than pack the 'chute, prep the motor and count down from five...

(All images linked to bigger versions on Flickr!)

What went right, what went wrong? All-up, I'm really happy with this build :) I have a classic old kit in my collection and a rocket to fly - this really is being able to have your cake and eat it too!. There were a couple of evenings work involved in creating the CorelDRAW files and another couple of evenings to put it all together. I had a hard time trying to work out how much weight to put in the nose and since I wasn't going to begin to attempt to model this in Rocksim, I over-compensated. The model really is a bit nose-heavy.

I've only flown it on C6-3's and that's about perfect. Good boost and parachute near-on apogee. I am tempted to fly it on an Aerotech D13, perhaps one day when I'm feeling brave (or foolish) I will! And since this isn't the original (and I still have all the files) if it doesn't survive, I can easily make another :)

Krusty

Here is a pic of my 1.5x upscale I did a few years ago.
image.jpg

I never got to fly it though because it suffered damage from a move shortly after finishing it.
image.jpg

You can see where I have started to cut the airframe to begin repairs. It's a BT60 airframe with one wrap of glass so cutting it has been challenging. For my repair I'll have to lay up another BT60 tube.

That's really nice :) I'd love to see some launch pics when you finish fixing it!

Krusty

Seeing your previous post is what inspired me to pull this out of the repair pile. It's been in that pile for over 2 years. It is a really cool rocket and I look forward to seeing it fly some day, too. I also have the starfighter that I plan on upscaling as well.

Back