Rocksim engine database

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feckless Counsel

Petitio principii
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
TRF,

My Rocksim 9 engine database is misdirected.

Choose Engine Path is set to C/Program Files(x86)/Rocksim 9/Data (screen 1 below). But the manufacturer file names in Load Engine are don't match (screen 2). Rocksim is picking from a database not located in Rocksim/Data.

I searched my computer for files shown in Choose Engine Path, Cesaroni Technology Inc. for example. No matching files found.

Anyone else having this problem? It's shut me down because I don't know where to load new engine data.

Maybe I'm just feckless.

TRF,

My Rocksim 9 engine database is misdirected.

Choose Engine Path is set to C/Program Files(x86)/Rocksim 9/Data (screen 1 below). But the manufacturer file names in Load Engine are don't match (screen 2). Rocksim is picking from a database not located in Rocksim/Data.

I searched my computer for files shown in Choose Engine Path, Cesaroni Technology Inc. for example. No matching files found.

Anyone else having this problem? It's shut me down because I don't know where to load new engine data.

Maybe I'm just feckless.

The files you see when you are loading an motor are part of 1 file in your data folder. If you were to open the cesaroni.rse file in the rocksim engine editor you will see all the motors that are listed in the choose engine menu, inside that 1 file. So they are there they are just inside the database. If you ever want to add to it you have to find the motor you are looking for and copy all the data and place it in the cesaroni.rse. normally its just easier to get the motor you want from thrustcurve and load it in.

Hope that helps

RockSim can download data directly from ThrustCurve.org, or you can go to that site and choose the motors you want to use.

I never used RockSim to download anything. I have usually take the .rse or .eng and put in the appropriate folder and import it in. Do you have a link on how to download it directly from thrustcurve.org? Is there an option to group the manufacturer or are you limited to individual engines?

If you want the .rse file for all Cesaroni motors, I can send it to you. Or we should start a sticky post with the files in. The only thing, my file has the motor in: 1994-K635-RL-17A format.

The last one I have is from June 2013.

André

I've got Rocksim 9 and for some reason new motors I've imported do not show up when I select "Choose engine" in prepare to launch.

When I did "Reload Engine Data" they were there and I moved them from the left to the right, but no show when I attempt to "Choose engine"

What am I missing?

Thanks!

-david

I'm not happy with my purchase of Rocksim. I've been scouring the webs for answers and I see lots of questions and suggestions for solutions that don't work.

I just purchased Rocksim 9. I'm trying to add motors to it. I've added them manually, no show, I've attempted to add them via the "Download eng data" page" No joy.

I've downloaded and imported the files, I can open them in engedit, so the files are valid. I've selected the files from the left side of the "Engine data files" page, added them and they show up on the right, they are in the /Data directory. But, when I try to select one and load it into the simulation in the pre-launch page, they are not there.

I've tried adding them via the "Download eng data" page. I get a dialog box that pops up very quickly and then goes away even faster that says:

Downloaded 2698 bytes of 8127 bytes.
Receiving data
Received 2698 bytes.

and nothing shows up in the selection box to select and download.

I went through video tutorial 26 to verify if I did the procedure correctly and I did. No joy with that attempt either. That video referenced another video, 21 for the manual procedure, but it's no longer on the site, 404 Not Found

So what's broke? Any suggestions?

-david

You can set up different paths for engines used in the simulation panel. Make sure this /data path is the same as the /data path that you are downloading to.

You can set up different paths for engines used in the simulation panel. Make sure this /data path is the same as the /data path that you are downloading to.

Everything is at the install defaults. I have no idea where or how to change such paths.

I used Rocksim's import functions, it should know where to properly put things.

-david

Everything is at the install defaults. I have no idea where or how to change such paths.

I used Rocksim's import functions, it should know where to properly put things.

-david

The install may be following Windows defaults such as pointing to your user account. See if data and design files are in there. If they created there you need to point back to where the files are normally downloaded which should be /Programs(x86)/Rocksim9 (I believe or something reasonably close to that).

BTW, you can always call Apogee. They are very helpful.

You could just download complete by manufacturer Rse files from my website www.rocketryfiles.com

Username and password are both guest. Look under flight simulation I believe it is (not in front of computer).

Copy them Into the Rocksim data folder. Open Rocksim, and import those files.

Back