Quantcast
Rocksim engine database

Rocksim engine database

TRF,

My Rocksim 9 engine database is misdirected.

Choose Engine Path is set to C/Program Files(x86)/Rocksim 9/Data (screen 1 below). But the manufacturer file names in Load Engine are don't match (screen 2). Rocksim is picking from a database not located in Rocksim/Data.

I searched my computer for files shown in Choose Engine Path, Cesaroni Technology Inc. for example. No matching files found.

Anyone else having this problem? It's shut me down because I don't know where to load new engine data.

Maybe I'm just feckless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engine data path.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	42439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Load engine.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	42440  

Quote Originally Posted by Feckless Counsel View Post
    TRF,

My Rocksim 9 engine database is misdirected.

Choose Engine Path is set to C/Program Files(x86)/Rocksim 9/Data (screen 1 below). But the manufacturer file names in Load Engine are don't match (screen 2). Rocksim is picking from a database not located in Rocksim/Data.

I searched my computer for files shown in Choose Engine Path, Cesaroni Technology Inc. for example. No matching files found.

Anyone else having this problem? It's shut me down because I don't know where to load new engine data.

Maybe I'm just feckless.
    The files you see when you are loading an motor are part of 1 file in your data folder. If you were to open the cesaroni.rse file in the rocksim engine editor you will see all the motors that are listed in the choose engine menu, inside that 1 file. So they are there they are just inside the database. If you ever want to add to it you have to find the motor you are looking for and copy all the data and place it in the cesaroni.rse. normally its just easier to get the motor you want from thrustcurve and load it in.

Hope that helps
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
    Level 2 TRA# 12429
    Level 2 NAR# 92507
    KD0MTJ

G2Rockets,

Tim at apogee answered this question. See video 26 at: http://www.apogeerockets.com/RockSim_tutorials.asp.

What I did is download the raw ThrustCurve file and try to append that to the Cesaroni database using Engine Edit. That didn’t work. But adding the file through “Download Engine Data” does.

rse Files for current motors

Check out the Rocketry Planet forums Rocketry Software section, Mark Koelsch has the up to date files both rse and eng for most motor manufacturers.
    Thanks Mark.

Bill Richardson ENC USNR Ret.
    TRA 8703 L3

It is my opinion that stupidity should be painful, very painful. If it was I think there would be less of it in the world today.

Where do we get the files now?
    In thrust we trust

RockSim can download data directly from ThrustCurve.org, or you can go to that site and choose the motors you want to use.
    AERO-PAC, ROC, LUNAR (TRA & NAR)
    jcrocket.comthrustcurve.org

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCoker View Post
    RockSim can download data directly from ThrustCurve.org, or you can go to that site and choose the motors you want to use.
    I never used RockSim to download anything. I have usually take the .rse or .eng and put in the appropriate folder and import it in. Do you have a link on how to download it directly from thrustcurve.org? Is there an option to group the manufacturer or are you limited to individual engines?
    In thrust we trust

If you want the .rse file for all Cesaroni motors, I can send it to you. Or we should start a sticky post with the files in. The only thing, my file has the motor in: 1994-K635-RL-17A format.

The last one I have is from June 2013.

André
    André Choquette
    CAR #975 L4
    Tripoli# 12025 L3
    http://www.menkar.org
    www.clubqf.ca

You can download the files from http://www.rocketryfiles.com

Go to /FlightSimulation/MotorFiles/

Quote Originally Posted by Performance nut View Post
    Where do we get the files now?
    Tim
    Ohio Aerospace Modeling Consortium
    TRA 13832 L2
    NAR 92608 L2

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology."

Carl Sagan