ODD'L ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is nothing like I imagined it would be.

May I copy it to the gallery?

The yellow resembles the corner (a yellow cube) of a checkerd board when viewd from overhead. Optical illusion + Modern art.

Yes, no, maybe?
Don't see it?

Expand picture by placing cursor on photo and left click the mouse, continue with a click each time a new sized picture comes up. Keep expanding until photo fills the screen, then you'll see the full optical effect with the glossy finish, intersecting lines and the cube. The seperation line for the colors really 'pops out' when expanded.

Please tell Chris at www.oddlrockets.com and/or tell me if you like this Wedgie, alot went into getting it just right.

The Wedgie, along with other Odd'l Rocket Kits and accessories are available at www.jonrocket.com

wedgie 108.jpg

two-thumbs-up.jpg

Last edited:
The yellow resembles the corner (a yellow cube) of a checkerd board when viewd from overhead. Optical illusion + Modern art.

Yes, no, maybe? Don't see it?

Expand photo by left clicking the mouse each time a new sized picture comes up. Keep expanding until photo fills the screen, then you'll see the full optical effect with the glossy finish and the intersecting lines.

Please let www.oddlrockets.com and me know if you like it, alot went into doing it.

Very very nice..I am sure Chris will be impressed! :cheers:

Slick paint job man!

I kinda hate you right now, but in a good way. :D

I am impressed!
It's beyond slick!

And to think I just cover mine with printed paper!

Thank you for your comments.

wedgie 109.jpg

Attachments

• wedgie 108.jpg
    wedgie 108.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 57
  • wedgie 105.jpg
    wedgie 105.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
SLICK....I mean ,that is just such a slick paint job my friend ,you have ramped it up a few notches on this one ...beautiful !

:handshake:

Paul T

Okay, when I look at the top view (it does have a cool geometric look), I see what appear to be pin stripes separating the color breaks. Is that a lip from masking? Whatever it is, the top view makes a statement. I tend to regard most model rockets as a particular form of sculpture. I get a great deal of pleasure just observing them. What is art? Design that pleases. Nice job.

I recall someone here stating that you couldn't paint. Obviously they had never followed one of your threads. Krylon, I presume?

I got a Wedgie in the mail today and I hope you take it as a compliment bradycros, but I want to copy your design, but use thin sparkly laminate film where you did black, and purple where the yellow is. The 3D chess board look when looking down is simply phenomenal and I want to recreate it. If that is OK with you of course.

So excited for this build.

Last edited:
I got a Wedgie in the mail today and I hope you take it as a compliment bradycros, but I want to copy your design, but use thin sparkly laminate film where you did black, and purple where the yellow is. The 3D chess board look when looking down is simply phenomenal and I want to recreate it. If that is OK with you of course.

So excited for this build.

I'm fine with it. Those colors should look really good together.

Gonna do a build thread for us?

I'm fine with it. Those colors should look really good together.

Gonna do a build thread for us?

The buildiest of threads.

I am pretty sure there will be more ODD'L rockets in my future as well. Something about uncommon rockets appeals to me. Like in the NewWay thread I just posted.

Last edited:
Back