Estes - Photon Disruptor (#1282) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently lost my Photon Disruptor to a 80' tree. I liked the design, but it never really flew straight on anything but an C5-3 motor. Everything else I tried it would veer off course randomly, even in calm conditions.

I have a spare kit, but I'm not sure I want to build it... I may sell it at some point.

I recently lost my Photon Disruptor to a 80' tree. I liked the design, but it never really flew straight on anything but an C5-3 motor. Everything else I tried it would veer off course randomly, even in calm conditions.

I have a spare kit, but I'm not sure I want to build it... I may sell it at some point.
Q-Jet C12-4FJ (or 6) or C18-4W (or 6) will give it a good kick.

First launch of my Photon Disruptor 3025 on a B6-2 and it did something I'd never seen before. Flew straight as an arrow, straight up, and then started back on it's tail. Basically did an Immelmann. Unfortunately it didn't deploy the chute properly and now it's a rebuild project.

IMG_6068 (1).jpg

Fresh rebuild of my original Photon Disruptor II. After years of service I noticed that some of the glue was coming loose where the fins joined the tube. This prompted me to start wiggling things around and of course the three large fins just popped right off.

I decided it was easier to just build a complete new lower section. The new lower is made from BT50H tubing with a standard 18mm motor mount. The fins are Balsa. The internals consist of a Kevlar leader and 1/4" elastic for the shock cord. I cut my own vinyl and kept with the spirit of the originals but not an exact copy.

Paint is Krylon Gloss white and Duplicolor Chevy Orange engine paint.

Attachments

• PDii 2.jpg
    PDii 2.jpg
    795.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PDii 4.jpg
    PDii 4.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 0
  • PDii 8.jpg
    PDii 8.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PDii 9.jpg
    PDii 9.jpg