SCALE - (AGM-114) Hellfire Missile Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
I scratch built this one a few years back(my first scratch build)It`s based on a 4" PML phenolic BT ,with plywood aft fins and 1/8" thick styrene forward fins.The nosecone I made using laminated Balsa blocks and shaping it on my drill press ,then filled and coated in epoxy.
The finished missile stands 35" tall.

Paul

php57DB68AM.jpg

phpuCsREVAM.jpg

phpBnpdqcAM.jpg

phpFIv1yVAM.jpg

Thanks Layne ! Flies nice on a G-80 S/U (but not too high),got to try some CTI reloads on this bird and switch to rail buttons.
I would like to do a full scale scratch some day (another job for Gordy"sandman" ),but brother ,my plate id pretty full right now.

Paul T

Last edited:
Thanks Layne ! Flies nice on a G-80 S/U (but not too high),got to try some CTI reloads on this bird and switch to rail buttons.
I would like to do a full scale scratch some day (another job for Gordy"sandman" ),but brother ,my plate id pretty full right now.

Paul T

i am interested in purchasing a fully built and painted full scale model of the hellfire missile. i am in los angeles. please respond

Man,that thing is SWEET.
I still say,if you ever get stopped by the law on the way to a launch,their going to vacate a 5 mile radias around you
then call in an air strike to vaporize you and those missiles.

air strike.jpg

Last edited:
I finally flew the 4" Hellfire(on reloads) last week at our high power event.I had to gut the spring retainer and motor thrust ring so I could fly it on 29mm CTI reloads ,it was a PITA but success was achieved (I made a new retainer system)

A CTI 29mm 93G80 skidmark with 5 second delay is perfect ,but just enough boost to get it stable ,anything smaller would be a bad thing !

CTI 29mm 138G106 skidmark with 7 second delay is my favorite laod for this missile ,absolutely perfect !

The rocket weighs in at 3 pounds 12 ounces with a WACK od lead in the nosecone section.

I have plans for a 6" version this fall.

Cheers

Paul T

That is the best scale build I have seen. I know guys who love to have one of those on their desk. The Apache driver types.

Thankyou ! It is one of the cooler looking missiles out there ,and it has a great name and is famous.This was my first scale build back some 10 years ago ,so there is room for improvement.

I look forward to a 6" version ,hopefully for the Autumn HP launch.

Take care

Paul T

Thanks Captain !!!!!

Best part is......it actually flies :y:

Paul T

Welcome to the SCALE (AGM-114) Hellfire Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the (AGM-114) Hellfire Missile and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

MFG: MODEL: NUM

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

The AGM-114 Hellfire is an air-to-surface missile (ASM) developed primarily for anti-armor use. It has multi-mission, multi-target precision-strike capability, and can be launched from multiple air, sea, and ground platforms. The Hellfire missile is the primary 100 lb-class air-to-ground precision weapon for the armed forces of the United States and many other nations. The HELLFIRE name comes from its original intention as a helicopter-launched fire-and-forget weapon (HELicopter Launched FIRE-and-forget).

The AGM-114 Hellfire is a combat-proven tactical missile system. The missile has been in combat use since the mid-1980s.

Last edited:
That is some very nice work!!

I love this missile, they are REAL LOUD when fired, seen two fire off a pair of Apache in 04 in Iraq, was WAY COOL!!

That is some very nice work!!

I love this missile, they are REAL LOUD when fired, seen two fire off a pair of Apache in 04 in Iraq, was WAY COOL!!

Thankyou !

I can imagine the site and sound of two of these firing from an Apache !

I have a 6" version in the works ,just waiting for some BlueTube and a fiberglass nosecone.It won`t be full scale (7" diameter for the real missile)but close enough.

Cheers

Paul T

Here is my fullscale hellfire, built using a 29mm core, 4" parachute bay and the rest is depron stringers, centering rings and skin...Had the maiden on an H-135, auw is 5 pounds...

Frank

Attachments

• IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 261
Hi all. I am working on doing a scratch built Hellfire using something like 6" blue tube or fiberglass. Does anyone have any good fin templates that I could look at as I work on scaling them to this 85% scale?

Back