air brush paint and rockets and spray can paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdotmatrix

Reaction score
I am going to airbrush my rockets from now on and was wondering if anyone knows how compatible they were to the nosecones and fins on aerotech models?

I wouldn't think had any organic solvents like xylene and stuff and by the same token how will these airbrush paints do if you gloss coat with the spray can paint?

thanks i advance

if you are using acrylics in your airbrush, you shouldn't have problems with either...however you might want to take a gander at the 'krylon mystic fusion' clear gloss(think thats the name I'll check in a bit), sort of an irredescent clear.
edit
front of the can reads 'Mystic Prism Effect', name as listed on the upc is 'Mystic Rainbow'. hth
rex

Last edited:
I clear coat creatix with rustoleum - works fine. As far as aerotech nose cones and other polyethelene or similar plastics go you should prime those. Not aware of airbrushable primers but havent looked too hard for them - i just spray can for that

you won't find a heavy /sandable airbrush primer that will go thru an airbrush.they contain way to thick pigment to get past the nozzle smoothly
airbrush primers do exist, but they are more a thin prep/basecoat type product.

for airbrushing you want to paint over a primer, paint, or clear coated surface.
the only exception I can think of would be t-shirts

Back