Railbuttons.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UPscaler

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I ordered from them, my total order was $1.50, I needed two railbuttons, and that was it. Took nearly four weeks for them to arrive...

on sunday, I ordered 12 railbuttons, for a total of $5 with shipping included, and they arrived today.

Inconsistent, but a very nice product :clap:

Braden

wish i had the same luck. I ordered 20 buttons last march and I've tried calling emailing nothing. It says the number is disconnected/no longer in service. I still have my receipt maybe Ill try my luck again.

Matt

never had any problems with them, mostly 50 or 100 at a time.
2 weeks max.

wish i had the same luck. I ordered 20 buttons last march and I've tried calling emailing nothing. It says the number is disconnected/no longer in service. I still have my receipt maybe Ill try my luck again.

Matt

Last time I sent him an email he responded fairly quickly, sorry to hear about this!

Braden

Just got 5 sets of 2 from him. Took 2-3 weeks to get them, but the quality is top notch as always.

Does anyone have any comments on delrin vs. nylon? I realize $0.75 for the delrin is pretty cheap, but it *is* three times more expensive than the nylon.

Does anyone have any comments on delrin vs. nylon? I realize $0.75 for the delrin is pretty cheap, but it *is* three times more expensive than the nylon.

Delrin = 1 piece button, Nylon = 3 piece button

$0.75 each is a good price. Apogee stocks the Delrin buttons at $2.20 a pair (2 buttons in a package)

Delrin has a little higher density so it won't wear quite as fast. I've been using their nylon buttons with no trouble, High and Mid power.

I ordered 20 small and 10 large on Sunday and they arrived on Wednesday. Great service!!! Thanks Matt!!

just worked everything out with matt. There was a little mis communication with paypal and the transaction was never completed. Very quick response from Matt helping with the problem. I will be rebuying my rail buttons soon.

Matt

just worked everything out with matt. There was a little mis communication with paypal and the transaction was never completed. Very quick response from Matt helping with the problem. I will be rebuying my rail buttons soon.

Matt

Glad everything was figured out! I'm going to order a few delrin ones next time.

Braden

They were out of the 1-piece delrin for a long time. I inquired by email (probably a year ago) and matt replied they were out of stock and he didn't know when he would have more. Earlier this month he emailed me that they were back in stock--I was impressed that he remembered. I ordered 20 buttons and they came in about a week. Great service.

But is there actually a difference in performance?

the reason is most likely because Delrin material can cost 3x as much as nylon..depends on the type of delrin.It machines wonderfully.
Nylon is less fun to work with.

I had to purchase a 3 x 3 block of special teflon impregnated delrin for a machine once.

......it' was $120. !

in the plastics world,,nylon and uhmw is at the very low end of the cost factor...Delrin is up in the higher end realm

performance-wise,, delrin lasts longer,it's much harder and slicker.it does not wear easilly

nylon is much softer, not as slick, much easier to damage.and will wear much more rapidly than delrin.

I a person builds a rocket with non replaceable buttons ..I would go with delrin.

if they are easily replaceable,, nylon would be a good option

Last edited:
Back