North Coast Rocketry - Lance Beta (K-47) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColumbiaNX01

Red blooded white American male
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought a OOP North Coast Rocketry Lance Beta off ebay.com before Christmas. Here are some of the finished pictures of it.
I did some modifications on this kit, but for the most part its stock.
-Used a LOC Precision 12ft long 9/16 tubular nylon shock cord.
-LOC Precision 29mm motor tube (did not use NCR 28.5mm tube).
-1000 series Rail buttons from LOC Precison (did not use 1/4inch launch lugs).
-Did not use stock gorilla shock cord mount. Used a 1/4inch I-bolt with quick link.
-Installed 1/4inch I-bolt in nose cone.
-Aeropack 29mm positive motor retention.
-Using Nomex shockcord sleeve and Nomex parachute protector (not using wadding).
-36 inch TopFlight parachute
-Also, thanks to Stickershock I got these great vinyl graphics!
When I was a youngster in the late 1990's 9 or 10 years old my dad had one of these and I remember very well enjoying seeing his rocket go up on Darkstar F and G motors.
I think everyone can agree that there was a rocket kit that they had as a kid or parent had that you cannot just forget. I just wanted to relive some happy memories that I had with my dad when I was little.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
20111031-_MG_5414.jpg

I got this one pretty early on when the North Coast kits came out. It wasn't my first North Coasty though, as I remember calling Estes about the big X-Wing and them telling me that Tower Hobbies should have them. When I called Tower I had to convince the rep that they might be still down in receiving and sure enough they found me one. I must have picked this up shortly after it came out and of the five or more North Coast kits I've had, this one has launched the most and has never needed any repairs, solid rocket!
Oh, I remember at the time I got it I was really tired of white, kind of wish I had reconsidered!

Lance Beta 007.jpg

This rocket I built a few weeks ago. I took the NCR Lance Beta specs from the Rocksim file and upscaled it to 4 inch. I used blue tube, great stuff. I stuck a 54mm motor mount in it. Dual Deploy. LOC 25' shock cords. Nomex sleeves and blankets. Fiberglass nose cone. 1/4" fins and centering rings. Aeropack motor retainer. I got some great upscale decals from Mark at Sticker Shock.

View attachment 89452View attachment 89453View attachment 89454View attachment 89455

This time I took the Rocksim file of the original NCR Lance beta and just cloned it using Blue tube and a fiberglass nose cone. I installed a 38mm motor tube rather than the stock 29mm. I used 1/4" fins instead of the 1/8" fins that came stock. Also, I used 1/4" centering rings rather than the plastic ones that came with the kit stock. I used 12' LOC shock cord nylon. LOC nomex sleeve and blankets. Aeropack motor retainer. The rocket comes in at 4 lbs without motor. Fly beautifully all day long on 29mm H's and 38mm H's and baby I's. No dual deploy, I wanted to keep the size and diameter of the original kit.

View attachment 89456View attachment 89457View attachment 89458View attachment 89459View attachment 89460

Welcome to the NCR Lance Beta (K-47) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the North Coast Rocketry Lance Beta (K-47) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

NCR: Lance Beta: K-47

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
NCR Lance Beta (K-47) Basic Information.

ncr.gif
North Coast Rocketry (NCR)

MODEL NAME: Lance Beta Also known as:

NUMBER: K-47

Introduced: 1987
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Pseudo-Scale, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter: 2.7"
Span:
Weight: 22 oz

Mfg. Description: The Lance Beta represent a tactical missile for use across the world. Both a "demo" paint scheme and an operational olive drab paint scheme are featured, as well as realistic, detailed decals. The Lance Beta also features a large payload section that is perfect for beacons such as the XMTR-1. (NCR 1987 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

ncr-lance%20beta%20k47-1987%20cat.jpg
1987 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back