BSG Colonial Viper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
I bought a Morerockets.com Viper(Estes clone), built it, and I thought it needed more(get it....more)detail. I searched the web and found paper Colonial Viper I like even better. Turns out to be almost the same scale as the Estes Viper with better detail. It was not difficut to build, on a sclae of 1-10 I give it a 5. The most difficult parts were the wings and the laser cannons due to the size. I just finished it up today, it took three days of leisurely building and suspect it would take only one full day if you build all the parts first and then assemble it.
I added a few modifications as I was building it just to see how it would turn out.
I will build this model again converting to a rocket for 18mm motors and do a build thread.
The web page for the building(assembling) the BSG Colonial Viper has a few mistakes and I will point them out as I go along with my build.
Stay tuned.

Daniel

Paper Colonial Viper 001.jpg

Paper Colonial Viper 002.jpg

Paper Colonial Viper 004.jpg

Paper Colonial Viper 003.jpg

Last edited:
It looks great!

Can I make a gallery out of it?

Shortly after John put the Viper thread into the Gallery(Thank you John) I started on building a flying Cardstock Viper. I'm about halfway finished and plan to complete this build in a few weeks, with any luck and perserverance.

Back