WILDMAN - Drago Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jFlds

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Should be a flurry of these coming up! Post em folks!

Here's ours.... "I Love Tokyo"

You can't talk dragons without the KING of all MONSTERS being present!

Courtesy of TOHO Pictures of course!

:D

I Love Tokyo 002.jpg

Attachments

• I Love Tokyo 009.jpg
    I Love Tokyo 009.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 138
  • I Love Tokyo 006.jpg
    I Love Tokyo 006.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 143
  • I Love Tokyo 1 4.jpg
    I Love Tokyo 1 4.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 129
  • I Love Tokyo 1.jpg
    I Love Tokyo 1.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:
Should be a flurry of these coming up! Post em folks!

Here's ours.... "I Love Tokyo"

You can't talk dragons without the KING of all MONSTERS being present!

Courtesy of TOHO Pictures of course!

:D

WOW love the shine on that baby.......is it still WET!!???

Here's mine, static only, but I'll edit with a flight picture if and when I get one.

G.D.

Drago-2.jpg

Here's mine on the pad at NERRF, and taking off on a G78 at MDRA.

DSC_0017.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

OOOOOO dragos.. ALL very Nice..

Great Paint job on I love Tokyo.. the clearcoat looks AWESOME.

Let us in on how you did it.

So it was you!

I ordered that Exact same decal set from Mark, with the exact same paint job in mind. Unbelievable! :eek:

Very nice job, we get to be twinsies!

Braden

Come out to a NOVAAR or Battle Park launch some time, we'll drag race on CTI G131 Smoky Sams!

Oh, and I warn you, matching the Alien Green vinyl is a royal pain in the @$$....

G.D.

Come out to a NOVAAR or Battle Park launch some time, we'll drag race on CTI G131 Smoky Sams!

Oh, and I warn you, matching the Alien Green vinyl is a royal pain in the @$$....

G.D.

My next question was going to be about the paint.

I'd love to make it to one of those launches, but I'm on the other side of the country.

When I get my license, my dad and I are going to go to MDRA for a red glare, battlepark isn't too far from there right?

Braden

My next question was going to be about the paint.

I'd love to make it to one of those launches, but I'm on the other side of the country.

When I get my license, my dad and I are going to go to MDRA for a red glare, battlepark isn't too far from there right?

Braden

I'm always up for a race at Red Glare :)

Here's mine testing the fins on a G250 at NERRF.

DSC_0019.jpg

OOOOOO dragos.. ALL very Nice..

Great Paint job on I love Tokyo.. the clearcoat looks AWESOME.

Let us in on how you did it.

Which part? :D

My 'regular' type of paint job shot with MAP.

The images I printed on white waterslide paper. I fanned in the edges with my paint gun and ghosted the fins in.

Cut the 2- bumper stickers out of cast vinyl and applied.

After it all dries, a light scuff with 7448 scotchbrite to give it a good profile for bonding and 3 coats of MAP gloss poly clear applied. And indeed it will look wet forever.

:wink:

There are some awesome pics here! Love em!

Jim's #1, LOL, is still a classic look!

Red with yellow and green stickershock decals. Valspar "Transport Yellow" tractor paint for the nosecone.

DragoTheRed2.jpg

Everyone,
This is my daughters gift for 8th birthday. She thoroughly enjoyed TORC Fest 4 in November of last year. Her small rocket flew perfectly on a B something, and landed with no damage. I thought that she would enjoy something bigger, more powerful and much better looking!

These are her favorite colors: red then pink. If it were the opposite, I would have painted the airframe pink and the fins and nosecone red.

The red is X-Metal Krylon candy apple red. It is applied over a silver base. I made two changes to the Wildman Drago kit. I made my own birch plywood centering rings and I am making a fiberglass anchor for the shock cord. I followed Wildman's shock cord instructions when I built my Dark Star Lite, but options are limited if the shock cord ever needs replaced.

I wouldn't choose to paint one of my rockets these colors, but this is not about me. This rocket will be beautiful to her eyes. (in a couple of days)

As always, Mark at www.Stickershock23.com hit a home run with these decals! He bent over backwards to explain the complexities of what I wanted to do. Because email can be clumsy at times, he even made a video to better explain a few points to me.

Thanks Mark! :D

Also, Wildman Tim Lehr quickly shipped this kit so that I could get started on it. This kit includes the new fantastic, high quality filament wound fiberglass nosecone.

Although her birthday isn't here yet, I just had to share with my rocketry friends here on TRF.

DSC_2209_Crop_B.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Wildman Drago Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Wildman Drago and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Wildman: Drago:
Wildman: Dra-Glo

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Wildman Drago Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Drago Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 41"
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: This mythical Dragon is one of the toughest mid-power vehicles you can find and will astonish you with its roaring fire breathing flights up to 2500 feet. Weighing in at only 1.65 lbs, it will fly on anything from E-I motors (Wildman 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

wildman-drago-2013%20web.jpg
Wildman 2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

wildman-drago-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Wildman Dra-Glo Basic Information.

wildman.gif
Wildman Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Dra-Glo Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 41"
Diameter: 2.1"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: This mythical Dragon is one of the toughest mid-power vehicles you can find and will astonish you with its roaring fire breathing flights up to 2500 feet. Weighing in at only 1.65 lbs, it will fly on anything from E-I motors

In addition, the Dra-Glo includes the Nite Bow programmable lighting module. You have to see one to believe what it can do!(Wildman 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

wildman-dra%20glo-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
It's not done yet... But...
Here's my Drago 4" XL with primer and StickerShock custom decals. All that's left is clear coat.
It'll be called "The Immortal Rocket" because the chess game notation is from "The Immortal Game" and the position it's that game's final position.
As a huge chess enthusiast, coach, and now tournament director/organizer, I felt it was finally time to do a chess rocket. I can't wait to get this thing in the air at MWP!

1501124575231.jpg

1501124583419.jpg

1501124591035.jpg

Currently completed:

View attachment 322303

Left to right: Drago Mini-38mm dia, 29mm MT. Drago-54mm dia, 29mm MT. Drago 4XL (Extreme)-4" dia, 75mm MT. And Drago 5-5" dia,75mm MT, HED.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1497725646.400085.jpg
    ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1497725646.400085.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 224
Currently in build pile:

Ultimate Drago-6"dia, 98mm MT.

Drago 4- 4" dia, 54mm MT, HED.

Drago 5XL- 5" dia, 98mm MT.

Also in build pile:

Two-stage Drago-Booster 54mm dia, 38mm MT, Sustainer 54mm dia, 38mm MT.

4FNC Drago Mini-38mm dia, 29mm MT, 4 fins.

MD Drago-54mm dia.

Very nice builds Jeff. Now I know were all the chutes are going. That 5" HED should be a very fun rocket. What is built weight of the 5"?

Back