Blast From The Past

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
Well, got an interesting e-mail from my father a couple of days ago..Was titled just 'Stuff'..Seems he and my mom wanted to clear out some 'clutter' in their home and had just sent a couple of boxes my way via UPS..Having no clue what it could be I called my father and was told 'you will find out when you get them'...Well, the 2 BIG boxes arrived today...Opening them I find some old N scale model railroad stuff and what's this? Some MORE of my old model rocketry stuff!:surprised:

First out is the 1978 Estes catalog in pretty good shape..Here is a shot of the front and back covers...

Then I found an old packet of parachute wadding..:)

Then 3 pads of paper from the Estes Aerospace Club...

The Jan/Feb 1976 issue of Spectra the Official Newsletter of The Estes Aerospace Club!

And there was even some more 'stuff'!!

DSCF4489.JPG

DSCF4490.JPG

DSCF4491.JPG

DSCF4492.JPG

DSCF4493.JPG

I then found a big envelope with a post mark of Apr 13 1977 from Estes Industries...Very cool..A set of 'diplomas' from the EAC! And the iron transfer 'level' flames! Too bad the 'diplomas' don't have my name emblazoned on them..

Still more to take pictures of and post! A lot of Technical Notes and Technical Manuals..All very cool stuff and brings back a lot of memories of being 12-13 when I got the rocket bug the first time...

DSCF4495.JPG

DSCF4496.JPG

DSCF4497.JPG

DSCF4498.JPG

DSCF4499.JPG

I did get a shot of one of the Technical Reports...TR-2 Multi-Staging...

More to come this weekend! :)

DSCF4494.JPG

Gotta luv it, that's a nice surprise, I never know what I'm gonna find in my crawlspace that I've stowed away when I moved to my current home 20 years ago. Models-planet of the apes, guitar songbooks, books, etc that I forgot I had. Dug up a Centuri Rocket Times that I ordered the 1/45th scale LJII from. Wish I still had the kit as it's my all time favorite..

Cool! Now you're going to have to Iron on those achievement thrust bars!

Cool! Now you're going to have to Iron on those achievement thrust bars!

Just need to find the shirt with the rocket on it!:rofl: Tho, I believe it has turned to dust in the 30 years since then!

Still working on getting the rest of the 'goodies' photographed for posterity(??) sake and post..Some cool:cool: Technical Reports and a couple more newsletters...

Back