Dr Zooch - Mark II Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
Mark II
DSC00256.jpg

Post copied to this thread with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Dr Zooch - Mark II Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Dr Zooch - Mark II and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Dr Zooch: Mark II:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Dr Zooch Mark II Basic Information.

dr_zooch.gif
Dr Zooch Rockets

MODEL NAME: Mark II

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Wes Oleszewski

Type: Pseudo Scale, Payload
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.2"
Diameter:
Span: 2.93"
Weight: 2.4 oz

Mfg. Description: This is the Dr. Zooch Rockets Mark II flying model rocket kit. It is a model that represents …well… no real rocket at all! It is actually derived from a rocket created by the guy who owns the company. He invented this rocket back in 1972 as a part of his rocket dweeb childhood. Now he has refined and re-funned the design to make an easy to build fun flyer so that everyone out there can either relive their own twisted childhood or get a start at being the weirdest kid in their neighborhood.

When fully constructed, this model stands 12.2 inches tall with a 2.93 inch fin-span and has a basic empty weight of 2.4 ounces. It is single stage and uses a standard 18mm motor, such as a B6-4 (NO engines are included with the kit). Flights over 1,000 feet high are easy to obtain and the kit is constructed with a payload compartment for launching small “things.” This is a basic skill level kit, meaning that almost anyone can build and fly it successfully. All of the primary parts are either wood or paper. So buy it, build it and- young or old- become the strangest kid in the neighborhood. (Dr Zooch 2011 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

dr%20zooch-mark%20ii-2010%20umrs%20livery.jpg
UMRS 2010 Web Ad
dr%20zooch-mark%20ii-2011%20web%20livery.jpg
Dr Zooch 2011 Web Ad

Face Card

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I'm gonna bump here...

Considering that March 23, 2015 is the 50th anniversary of Gemini 3, and it was Gemini that inspired my Dr. Zooch Mark II... here are a few images.markII_11210009.JPG

0interstage.jpg

Of course my favorite part of the Mark II is the cool see-thru interstage :grin:

2015_03230003.jpg2015_03230002.jpg

Of course my personal Mark II spacecraft is modified a bit.... it just has to be able to carry two ants in F4-B spacesuits ;)

00stack.jpg

Sure it's not a Gemini Titan II... but if ya' stand back and squint..........

Back