Ex Motor Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdbones

Reaction score
I am just getting in to the world of EX and making my own motors. I have been conversing with some and have gathered some known and proven formula's.

My question is, all of the formulas that I have call for R45M (HTPB). I am wondering if R45HTLO can be substituted and if so, is the ratio the same?

I am just getting in to the world of EX and making my own motors. I have been conversing with some and have gathered some known and proven formula's.

My question is, all of the formulas that I have call for R45M (HTPB). I am wondering if R45HTLO can be substituted and if so, is the ratio the same?

While I know the policy I believe every question should be answered! You need to know the equievelent weights of each to determine the ratio.

Ben

Actually that question is well within this forum's policies!

Thanks for posting the calculator link, John.

-Kevun

John - Thanks for the calculator, the information contained there will be a great help!

John - Thanks for the calculator, the information contained there will be a great help!

You're welcome! Curative calcs can be pretty confusing at the beginning. Here's a little spreadsheet that you might find useful:
https://thrustgear.com/docs/bindercalc.xls

Another common question is "what about the equivalent weight of DOA or other plasticizers"? They don't interact with the curative, so the plasticizer is not included in the curative calculation.

If you have specific questions about formulas and processes, you can ask over on RP or TQC.

Back