OpenRocket Plot Simulation

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lentamental

Reaction score
So I've been working in open rocket on my lvl 1 cert rocket, as well as other random fantasies, but I've uncovered one issue.
Whenever I plot my flight simulations, the flight portion is incredibly short in comparison to the time it takes to descend via parachute. This means that the interesting portion of the graph is compressed into 50 or so pixels, while the constant descent on parachute, which I really couldn't care less about, takes up 90% of the screen. Is there any way to remove everything after parachute deployment from the plotted simulation?

Is there any way to remove everything after parachute deployment from the plotted simulation?
You can zoom into it -- click and drag left in the plot window. Or you could export it to a CSV file and delete most of it in Excel.

An easier/quicker method which wont require you to keep zooming in to each plot is to go back to the DESIGN tab, and edit your parachute to "Deploy=NEVER". The launch now simulates a "lawn dart" type flight - it will still show the plot data for the descent, but the third-law-of-rocketry states that the descent time of a lawn dart flight is MUCH shorter than the descent of a rocket under parachute - so the x-axis timescale will now be much shorter and you will be able to see the details of the ascent portion of the flight without zoom-in each time.
-Kerry

Last edited:
Back